The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we’re redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we’ve helped thousands of engineering leaders build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
Our product puts our customers first and delivers that special remote tech hiring experience in the most creative expression.In Product, ideas come alive. The world is moving fast and so our culture empowers ownership and minimal bureaucracy. That’s the environment that enables you to do what you think is right – and quickly. Codility’s Product Managers work closely with executive leadership and have high visibility among the VP/C-suite; They have a direct impact on Codility’s growth and strategy. Our Product Management team works cross-functionally to build new and upscale our existing products from conception to launch by bringing together engineering and business worlds.
Objective / Purpose of the role:
As the director of product you’ll have full ownership of the problem space and solutions based on deep customer knowledge, data usage (of our products, industry, competitive landscape), and business strategy. This role requires the leadership of multidisciplinary product teams, the ability to discover deep customer needs, and to combine them with strong business acumen.
- Product Strategy: Joining the executive leadership team to translate Codility’s strategy into a product that is superior to any competing online or offline experience
- Product Development and Delivery: Define and manage the product roadmap, set priorities and expectations with all relevant stakeholders. Drive product development from conceptualization through launch creating development processes, actionable plans, work streams and tactics and execute on those in support of new product features.
- Navigating Ambiguity: Identify and align competing priorities, balancing short and long term objectives. Ability to increase clarity and energy in a large organisation.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate closely with stakeholders across Codility, including hat engineering teams, UX, other product teams, marketing and sales to determine which features to move forward and in what priority order and establish a clear product vision.
- Growth and Scale Mindset: Help us master our product culture by developing and hiring product talent and facilitating data-driven product processes that create remarkable impact for our customers at scale. Assess new business opportunities, balancing Codility’s objectives with the goals of our customers to find win-win solutions.
- Typically 5+ years of work experience as a Product Manager with a proven track record of driving growth
- Typically 2+ years leading a team of PMs responsible for parts of the overall product portfolio
- An experienced, data-driven, collaborative, and passionate Product Management leader who has consistently proven the ability to define an inspiring product vision and strategy based on the right data and who can execute it whilst delivering constant customer value, addressing challenges, problems, and managing risk at the same time
- Strategic thinker: Sound business and strategy judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- You have a proven track record on product launches, from problem definition, over solution design to launch; with clear KPIs, product roadmaps to Go-to-market strategies in multiple geographies.
- Analytical and data-Driven: An experienced, data-driven and collaborative Product Management leader with a strong growth mindset and a track record in shipping customer impact at scale.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to link problems to business strategies. You’re a natural collaborator, equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to align and lead product’s strategic initiatives with cross functional teams (Engineering, Product UX, Content, Sales and Marketing). Experience presenting and effectively communicating strategy to internal C-suite levels and external partners.
- You have the ability and experience to mentor and guide the product management team in product discovery, research, storytelling, and delivery. You will always have a focus on empowering and enabling your team.
- You’re an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way. You know how to clarify the path forward and prioritize work. You know how to influence others.
- Experience in B2B and SaaS
- MBA or Master’s degree in Math, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics
- Hands-on experience with data tools – SQL, Python, R, or equivalent
What we offer:
Codility believe in a “people first” culture, reflected in our core benefits package:
- Macbook and all the tech gadgets to get you up and running because….
- You’ll be 100 % remote, so having top of the range tech is a high priority
- Generous PTO/Holiday allowance
- Mental Health Days
- Competitive Salary
- Training Allowance - we believe in investing in our staff, making sure that you have the ability to improve your core skills
- Flexible working
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.