Want to apply technology in ways that make life more enriching?
We think the digital experiences that make up more and more of our everyday lives should be seamless and engaging—even magical. Using our unique recipe of specialized skills and digital alchemy, we engineer experiences that help businesses engage with users, and users engage with the world.
The source of our magic comes from our people. We continually strive to be better versions of ourselves—and have fun while doing it. If a career creating innovative experiences and digital products sounds exciting, we hope you’ll consider joining our amazing team.
As an engineering consulting agency providing services to large enterprise organizations, Codazen is positioned to support and strongly influence the success of those organizations. As a Data Engineer for Codazen, you will partner with our customers, relevant stakeholders, data scientists, and software engineers to ensure value can be derived from data. You would be responsible for identifying, designing, developing, and delivering infrastructure and solutions that transfers and derives meaningful information from data and allows our customers to make smart decisions quickly and enable their success. You would be involved in understanding business requirements and delivering solutions to support the customer’s needs. This would include extracting and translating data into consumable information, utilizing expertise to support the development of extensible data models, and strongly partnering with data scientists to streamline, enhance, and improve relevant work streams. The ideal candidate will be passionate to innovate and deliver impactful solutions within a high-velocity agile environment.
- Cross-functional partnership with our Durable Teams and Customers to identify and understand data needs.
- Leverage experience and expertise to build enterprise-scale data warehouses.
- Design, develop, and deliver effective and reliable pipelines to transfer and translate data.
- Securely source new data that can enhance and improve the quality of information.
- Smartly design and develop data models that allow for efficient storage and effective retrieval.
- Ensure quality and data integrity to support confidence in the insights obtained from the data.
- Utilize a security and privacy first mindset in how data is stored, transferred, handled, and accessed.
- Manage, maintain, and create data pipelines as needed.
- Understand and own the data engineering component within the overall business solution.
- Collaborate with software engineers to create and deliver elegant solutions for data consumption.
- This is a hybrid position, 4 days on-site, 1 day WFH; Monday through Friday based out of Irvine, CA.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of Python or other modern programming language experience
- 5+ years of relational database experience
- 3+ years with workflow management engines (i.e. Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Dagster, Digdag, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory, UC4, Control-M)
- 3+ years experience with Data Modeling
- Experience working with cloud or on-premises Big Data/MPP analytics platforms (i.e. Netezza, Teradata, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Azure Data Warehouse, or similar)
- 2+ years experience working with enterprise DE tools and experience learning in-house DE tools
- Solid programming foundation including object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience designing and implementing real-time pipelines
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and end-to-end process optimization
- Experience with anomaly/outlier detection
- Experience with notebook-based Data Science workflow
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience querying massive datasets using Spark, Presto, Hive, Impala, etc.
What Codazen Offers
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (with company contribution)
- Profit sharing
- Company bonus
- Income protection plans (life, accidental death and dismemberment, short- and long-term disability)
- Free drinks and snacks
- An incredible leadership team that cares about your development
- Fun, smart, diverse colleagues
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.