Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
Today, Cobalt helps secure leading companies like Dell, Solarisbank, Verifone, HubSpot, and DocuSign by connecting them with on-demand pentesting experts. The application brings both sides together to identify, triage, and fix vulnerabilities. Seven years and 20K penetration tests later, our technology has been battle-tested by thousands of users.
What’s next? Cobalt's Employee Experience team is growing to solidify our status as a world-class security platform. As a Senior or Staff Frontend Engineer on this team, you’ll leverage your expertise to design and build tools used by Cobalt employees to facilitate pentest staffing or pentester payments to establish Cobalt as part of the larger, connected SDLC and security tooling ecosystem. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers and designers to drive the implementation and release of major features, and be a champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
What You'll Do
- Play a key role in the design and full cycle of agile development and continuous delivery of new features.
- Actively collaborate with engineers from other teams to define the future frontend architecture, helping us to scale and improve our business operational efficiency.
- Coach frontend engineers in our team, and support the development of engineers in other teams.
- Contribute to our knowledge-sharing culture in the company and support the Cobalt brand in local communities.
- Partner with product, customer success, and pentest architect teams to gather requirements, brainstorm solutions and deliver creative solutions that meet needs concerning usability, performance, aesthetics, reliability, and realistic implementation schedules.
- Plan and lead testing for complex projects.
You Identify As
- A Self-Starter. As a senior member of the team, you’ll feel at home as a hands-on, self-directed contributor who drives initiatives within the team and cross-team, for the product and for other engineers.
- A Team-Player. You collaborate with other engineers and the Product team (PMs, Product Designers) daily to deliver high quality features on-time and identify ways to continuously improve how you and your team work.
- A Technical-Interface. Not only internally, but with customers and other stakeholders, you’ll help others understand technical complexities and opportunities in terms they’ll understand.
- Experience and a passion for mentoring and coaching teammates
- A proactive attitude & willingness to participate in team discussions
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with automation testing and continuous deployment processes
- A solid understanding of build tools and bundlers, such as webpack
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- A high comfort level within a remote-first, globally distributed company
Bonus If You Have
- Experience with micro frontends and distributed architecture
- Experience with GraphQL
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with pension and benefit from statutory healthcare
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Get to know your team during our team events
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the UK or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary