Who We Are
Cobalt is a fast-growing startup that is redefining pentesting and making cybersecurity easier and more accessible. Our Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform, coupled with an exclusive global community of testers, delivers the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base, and a global outlook. Our remote-first team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced, and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
As a Senior Product Manager on our Customer Experience team you will be part of a growing team that is defining the Customer Experience for our platform. You will be focused on the opportunities and problems related to collaboration on our platform. This means collaborations between our customers and the Cobalt Core, our curated community of Pentesters. This also means cross collaboration within organizations and the integrations that power this, like Slack and Microsoft Teams.
You will drive the definition, development, adoption and usage of our Cobalt application for our customers. You will take ownership of collaboration as a category as you innovate and execute initiatives designed to enable our customers to collaborate while running their pentests and strengthening their security posture. Collaboration done well is hardly noticeable, it becomes a natural extension or foundation of the user experience of a product. The scope of this team will be focused on collaboration, but will also have other ownership and responsibility across our platform, potentially including reporting and insights.
You will merge attention to detail with the ability to understand and align business objectives, while working with cross-functional teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process. You will work closely with customers, pentesters and other agile teams such as the Pentester Experience, Employee Experience and Infrastructure teams.
- Own the product strategy for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert in the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent our customers. Be their voice in everything you do.
- Work with Product Design, Sales and Customer Success teams to bring the customer’s voice into the development process.
- Manage the platform roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while enabling the company to think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Develop familiarity with information security, security operations, vulnerability disclosure, vulnerability management and other security domain areas.
- Become an expert in collaboration best practices. You are ready to discuss and demonstrate product details with developers, product designers, security operations, pentesters, customers and sales prospects.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a feature and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make metrics visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypothesis.
- Develop new opportunities for our market.
- 5+ years experience in Product Management with demonstrated ability to discover new opportunities and then define and deliver products.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must not only be the voice of the customer but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, sales and customer success. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data-driven product decision-making.
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience working with global team members.
Bonus if you have
- Experience in the security industry.
- Experience in fast-growing software companies.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) / pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (US)
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Leverage stipends for
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, remote working from anywhere in the US, the UK or Germany, and travel perks