Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our growing North America Sales Team. In this role, you will be responsible for selling our pentesting services and platform to our SMB market. This position is an end-to-end sales role, so you'll be expected to prospect for accounts, create a pipeline, conduct demo meetings, and sign new customers. While you are here, you will work with a great sales team that will provide training and the opportunity for career advancement.
What You'll Do
- Research target accounts and identify key players
- Prospect, develop and close a continuous pipeline of opportunities
- Probe for additional contacts w/opportunities
- Maintain and improve existing practices, processes and tools
- Perform sales projections and provide sales reporting to management
- Conduct sales presentations and demonstrations with target accounts
- 5+ years experience with B2B Sales, in a closing role
- Passion about selling through multiple channels
- Account Management experience
- A proven track record of over-achieving sales goals
- Strong work ethic and a true results-oriented approach
- Technical Sales background
- Residency in the United States
Bonus If You Have
- Prior experience selling SaaS products to CTO/CISOs
- Experience with selling security products
- Understanding of web application security and selling to IT customers.
- Experience in start-up environments
- Salesforce experience
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary