Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing startup that is redefining pentesting and making cybersecurity easier and more accessible. Our Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform, coupled with an exclusive global community of testers, delivers the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our remote-first team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
All organizations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who is excited about accelerating customer and pentester growth through our website. As the Product Manager for the Growth Experience-Website (GX-Website) team your mission is to attract users to our website and increase meaningful traffic in order for our GX-Funnel team to test and optimize conversion via A/B testing. We are transforming our website from being a marketing brochure to a high-performing storefront — you will be a key player in this evolution.
While the website has many stakeholders, you will work closely with our talented Marketing team as we position Cobalt as the definition of modern pentesting. Initiative, stakeholder management, and the ability to prioritize are critical to this role.
What You Would Do
As a member of a growing team of product managers your responsibilities include:
- Own the product strategy for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert in the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Identify and prioritize the optimization of various customer journeys in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Design, Engineering and Revenue Operations in a customer-centric and data informed approach.
- Measure success. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a webpage and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Define metrics and track key business and usage analytics alongside our various Marketing teams. Work with Product and Revenue Operations to ensure a holistic view of how each page is impacting the Cobalt business.
- Manage the GX-Website roadmap by focusing on the top problems to solve to create frictionless experiences in attracting customers and pentesters to join our Cobalt Core. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while enabling the company to think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by articulating a clear product vision and strategy. Maintain an understandable, accurate roadmap that is updated based on the team’s velocity.
- Drive alignment and collaboration across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers are critical to create alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Develop familiarity with information security, security operations, vulnerability disclosure, vulnerability management and other security domain areas.
- Become fluent in pentesting best practices. You are ready to discuss and demonstrate product details with developers, product designers, security operations, pentesters, customers and sales prospects.
You Must Have
- 5+ years experience in Product Management with demonstrated ability to discover new opportunities, define and deliver products, preferably in the e-Commerce domain. Experience in a fast-growing start-up a plus. Experience in the security industry is a bonus point!
- Strong user and stakeholder empathy. You must not only be the voice of multiple users but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, sales and customer success. You must be able to channel many points of view but then prioritize to execute value in an agile fashion.
- The strong analytical and data-informed mindset with a bias for action. You are a creative thinker who has proven to build innovative, data-driven products. You are passionate about A/B testing. You have experience working with analytics services such as Google Analytics, Pendo, Hotjar. You can have conversations with regards to measuring what matters.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems. You have the ability to encourage your team to build better products that deliver high customer value and drive strategic impact.
- Ability to communicate directly and clearly, mainly because you are a careful and active listener.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with agile software development working with global team members.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible paid time off, remote working and travel policies
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Leverage stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches