Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a rapidly expanding, remote-first cybersecurity start-up with headquarters in San Francisco, Boston & Berlin. We leverage global pentesters to help secure companies and their users through our Pentest as a Service platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base, and a global outlook. Our environment is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership, where everyone’s opinions matter.
Today, Cobalt helps secure hundreds of leading B2B companies (GoDaddy, HubSpot) by connecting them with on-demand pentesting experts. The application brings both sides together to identify, triage and fix vulnerabilities. Seven years and 20K commits later, our technology has been battle tested by thousands of users.
What’s next? Cobalt is building an Integrations team to help solidify our status as a world-class security platform. As a Software Engineer on this team, you’ll help build Cobalt’s API and establish Cobalt as part of the larger, connected SDLC and security tooling ecosystem. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers and designers to drive the implementation and release of major features, embracing best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
We're a rapidly growing SaaS company, full of can-do people who care about craft, collaboration, and our customers. It's an exciting time to join.
If you enjoy making an impact, the Cobalt Engineering team is excited to hear from you.
What You Would Do
- Work in a remote first engineering team (our engineering base is in Berlin)
- Make an impact as we build the best Pentest as a Service Platform
- Be an active member of a cross-functional product development team that frequently interfaces with business stakeholders
- Consistently deliver high quality features and functionality
- Review code and occasionally pair with other engineers
- Provide time estimates and participate in agile development and continuous delivery processes
- Review specifications and work with PMs to drive sprints
You Identify As
- Team-Player. You collaborate with other engineers and the Product team (PMs, Designers) daily to deliver high quality features on-time and identify ways to continuously improve how you and your team work
- Backend-Focused. You're familiar with SaaS-focused modern backends, API development, SQL. Maybe you haven’t worked with Kotlin yet but you’re very interested in it and not against occasional frontend involvement
You Must Have
- 3+ years development experience with Kotlin, Ruby, and/or Java/Scala
- Experience with full stack architectures, working with RESTful APIs
- Ability to communicate effectively in an asynchronous environment
- High comfort level with a remote-first, global company (i.e. later days: working not only with our Berlin team but overlap with our US east and west coast teams)
- Familiarity with Agile, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Exposure to cloud architectures - we’re on GCP
- Ability to build scalable, maintainable, and performant production code
- Good written and verbal communication in English
Nice to Have
- Experience in a fast-growing SaaS company
- Experience with automation / low-code / orchestration frameworks + SDKs
- Understanding of the SDLC and tooling ecosystem
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry / knowledge of best practices
- Knowledge of Spring Boot and Spring Framework
- Knowledge of OpenAPI or similar tools
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of Pentesting!
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Competitive compensation and attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time off, remote working from anywhere in Germany and travel policies
- Paid lunches
- Stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development