Named America’s best boutique agency in 2021 and 2022, CLYDE is seeking an Account Executive, Public Affairs to join our growing public relations and communications agency. Under our vision to be the best agency to work for, we’re a principles-driven firm disrupting “business as usual” in communications through creative strategy focused entirely on results-driven client service. Our work deals with exciting national-level issues, including protecting democracy, healthcare, education, financial services, and more. CLYDE team members should have an interest in, and enthusiasm for, the development of a rapidly growing agency. Our team is creative, ambitious, collaborative, and highly rewarded.
Our Account Executives play a key leading role on 3 to 5 client accounts, helping to grow client relationships, develop campaigns, create content, manage up and down, track and report client successes and participate in the business development process. In this role, you will be given accelerated career opportunities, invited to participate in client relationships, write high-profile content, and be an important part in every client team.
To apply, you should have:
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of communication work in both digital and traditional environments; agency and/or campaign, Capitol Hill, or government experience preferred
- Ability to work with internal and external partners, including private companies, industry coalitions, and advocacy groups
- Experience working with complex clients and across multiple client teams simultaneously
- Strong understanding of public affairs and advocacy work including media relations, coalition building and activation, regulation and legislative process at all levels. Experience with pro-democracy issues strongly preferred.
- Strong communications skills with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Experience with creating and executing social media campaigns, including on Facebook, X, LinkedIn and Instagram, and elsewhere
- A healthy appetite for news and information, especially related to industry trends, issues, politics and policy
- The desire to work with a cross-functional, integrated team to deliver award-winning work
- A commitment to uphold and defend the highest levels of ethical conduct
- A desire to work in a fun, fluid and fast-paced start-up environment
- Respect for a culturally-diverse team
- A strong ability to participate in and/or lead the new business process
About Clyde Group
Named America’s best boutique agency in 2021 and 2022 by PRovoke, CLYDE is a principles-driven strategic communications agency guided by a vision to be the best agency to work with and the best agency to work for. Based in Washington, DC with a presence in multiple other locations, CLYDE offers communications and public affairs services to major corporations, nonprofits, advocacy organizations, and trade associations, among others. With a mission to create and connect to move the world forward, CLYDE is driven by strategy, creativity, and experience, bringing ambitious ideas, creative solutions, and an authentic personality to every task.