Cloud Chamber is looking for a creative and proactive Animation Engineer to join our team. In this role you will work on the development of our key animation systems. The systems include: motion matching locomotion system, IK solvers, miscellaneous sub-systems and tools for animation playback. You will collaborate with Design and Animation to improve, invent, and maintain these systems. During this process you will have constant opportunities to help elevate, problem solve, and steer these ideas as they develop.
- Help optimize, and improve our motion matching locomotion system.
- Work closely and constructively with design and animation teams to realize creative ambitions
- Coordinate the implementation of new animation systems and features.
- Work within Unreal Engine 5 adapting existing systems and building new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical needs and creative goals.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
A passion for collaboration, and problem solving utilizing game AI will help you succeed in this role. Deliver high quality and fun-to-play systems by combining your strong math skills with design sensibilities. At Cloud Chamber we strive to delegate creative ownership of tasks and features to small, interdisciplinary pods. We are looking for someone that can get inspired by the vision and help to deliver exciting new features and systems.
- Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with Object-Oriented (OO) design principles.
- 3+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Must have strong 3D Math skills.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. Below are the expected salary and wage ranges for applicants based in locations where the pay transparency law is in effect:
Colorado: $58,700 and $120,000 per year
California: $75,500 and $140,000 per year
New York State (inclusive of New York City): $75,500 and $140,000 per year
Washington: $58,700 and $120,000 per year
Base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, 4 including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.