ClickUp is the world’s only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform that includes project management, document collaboration, whiteboards, spreadsheets, and role-based AI tools. Our dedication to enhancing productivity has earned us recognition on prestigious lists including the Forbes Cloud 100, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, Inc. Power Partners and #1 on two of G2's Best Software Products Lists for 2023 - #1 Project Management Product and #1 Collaboration and Productivity Product. With our headquarters based in San Diego and a rapidly expanding global presence, we are shaping the future of work. Join our team at ClickUp, one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies worldwide, and help millions of users be more productive - saving them at least one day every week. 🦄
ClickUp is seeking a skilled Senior level Backend Engineer to join our fast-paced internet startup. If you're driven by teamwork, eager to learn, and have a knack for creating innovative solutions, we want to hear from you!
- Develop and maintain robust, scalable backend systems using Node.js (Express and NestJS).
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers to drive projects forward.
- Tune and optimize database queries for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Optimize and improve existing code for better performance and user experience.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues, ensuring smooth operations.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to foster a culture of learning and growth.
- 5+ years of professional experience building backend services for SaaS products.
- Proven track record of building and scaling backend systems.
- Expertise in relational database query optimizations (prefer PostgreSQL).
- Extensive background working with databases (SQL and NoSQL) and data modeling.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design and implementation.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Familiarity with version control systems like Git.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for tackling challenges.
- Strong communication skills, as collaboration is key to our success.
- Experience with microservices architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Professional experience with NodeJs, Express, and NestJS
ClickUp was founded on a culture of hard work, consistent growth, and a desire to break norms. We’re a values-driven company and hire based on ambition, merit, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. We don’t care where you’re from, what you look like, or who you’re in a relationship with—we hire the best people for the job, and create an environment that supports employees on their journey to do the most exciting work of their lives! ClickUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.