CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for a research engineer to:
- Explore novel imaging technologies (2D/3D) for biometric face image capture in order to foster the growth of our platform.
- Establish and maintain CLEAR-wide best practices in biometric image capture and performance evaluation.
- Design and run experiments to evaluate the biometric performance of new capture devices, control algorithms, biometric algorithms and user workflows.
- Establish a model of sample utility to optimize face image capture across applications.
- Develop a scalable module to continuously monitor performance of CLEAR’s exponentially growing production systems in the cloud, interfacing with software and security teams to architect secure data access.
Who You Are:
- You possess a background in statistics, ML, computer vision, biometrics, and/or imaging and have completed a software project in at least one of these areas.
- You are analytical and scientifically rigorous.
- You’re comfortable with innovative, mission-critical projects which will lead to a high quality end result.
- You have a MS in EE, CS or related field
- You have experience with at least two completed computer vision projects from conception to pilot in object detection, tracking, biometrics, or robotics
- You have a solid understanding of the modern imaging process, including optics, camera control, and computational photography
- You have hands-on experience in vision and machine learning packages, such as OpenCV, sklearn or DLIB,
- You have strong coding and SDK integration skills in C++, python, or Java
- You have the ability to break down scientific results to product security and usability aspects.
Nice To Have:
- PhD in EE, CS or related field
- Practical experience in developing biometric algorithms, such as face, fingerprint, iris recognition, or presentation attack detection
- Exposure to shape-from-x algorithms, light field or multi-view 3D vision
- Ability to multi-task and take a multi-level approach to design
- Ability to communicate well across functional teams, from SW engineers to product managers