ClassDojo's mission is to give every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries. We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Lyft, Udemy, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
Data is core to how ClassDojo makes informed choices. As our second Analytics Engineer, you’ll help build a global consumer education business reaching tens of millions of parents, teachers, and children. Your charter is to support a science culture at ClassDojo through a world-class data environment and effective tools. Through this, you’ll grow ClassDojo to our next major milestone: reach 100 million+ families, and 100 million+ in revenue, while deepening our brand love.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the data science, product and engineering teams to help ensure that critical business questions can be efficiently answered with trusted and reliable data. You’ll help drive a scientific culture at ClassDojo by contributing to a living central infrastructure that empowers data scientists to spend less time querying and more time researching. You’ll shape and drive ClassDojo’s data roadmap, ultimately influencing choices across the entire company.
- Partner with data engineering, data science and product to shape data strategy and direction
- Break down the aggregated silos! Contribute to building a star schema that provides event-level details cutting across every aspect of the business
- Evaluate, implement, and help maintain critical tools including our A/B testing framework and BI tools
- Work with product teams to identify and surface key data
- Empower teammates with the skills and tools to make data-driven choices
You will be a match if:
- You have at least 4 years of data experience.
You might be a fit if:
- You have the ability to understand and gather requirements from stakeholders to inform projects
- You have the ability to work cross-functionally and coordinate large-scale projects across teams
- You have experience writing structured and efficient SQL queries
- You have experience building data pipelines in Airflow
- You have experience transforming raw production and external data into star schema tables
- You have experience monitoring and testing tables to ensure data integrity
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo's 125m Metaverse Mission (Forbes)
ClassDojo is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. ClassDojo is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status. ClassDojo will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical and mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. In accordance with applicable local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.