ClassDojo's mission is to give every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries. We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As a backend payments platform engineer at ClassDojo, you'll help build the payments platform that our teachers, parents, and students will use every day. You’ll work on production code from day one in a pair programming environment, deploy often, move quickly, and have your work used by millions of students, teachers, and parents around the world every day. In addition, you’ll help us further develop our high-quality engineering culture, one that values rapid iteration, collaboration, and best practices. Our code is heavily tested and deployed daily, and we’re serious about building a world-class engineering team.
You will be a match if:
- You have at least 4 years of professional software experience
- You are in the Americas time zone
You might be a good fit if:
- You're excited to get things done, in a fast-paced environment
- You have an ownership mindset: you are comfortable with both responsibility and accountability
- You're thoughtful about creating and maintaining a world-class engineering culture
- You work well in teams and enjoy collaborating with engineers, designers, and product teams
- You enjoy working in a pair programming environment
- You are passionate about education and care about having impact on tens of millions of kids' lives with your work
- You’ve used Node at scale
- You've worked with MongoDB or MySQL
- You have DevOps experience, especially on AWS
- > 5 years of professional software experience
- Americas timezones
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo's 125m Metaverse Mission (Forbes)
ClassDojo is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. ClassDojo is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status. ClassDojo will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical and mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. In accordance with applicable local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.