ClassDojo's mission is to give every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As Lead 2D Game Artist, you’ll collaborate with our 3D team to help define and deliver ClassDojo’s visual direction. You’ll work hands-on in 2D to create concept art and in-game assets. You’ll also lead teams of artists to ensure deliverables meet the consistency and quality of your vision.
This position is available full time or on a contract basis. It is a remote position, but applicants must be available to work on North American time zones.
- Set the standard for 2D and UI art that 50 million+ children around the world will experience
- Create 2D art concepts and assets that push industry standards
- Collaborate with our 3D and design teams to deliver the best aesthetic game experience possible
- Collaborate with art outsourcing partners to maintain quality and consistency
- Assist with formal and informal critique, and provide effective feedback
- Help to ensure accuracy of art scope, schedule, and budget
- Help develop creative estimates and ensure high quality execution of all deliverables
- Help foster inter-department communications as they relate to art.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Lead 2D Artist or similar in the gaming industry
- You have a current portfolio of concept and in-game 2D art that demonstrates a breadth of style and solid art fundamentals
- You are able to adapt and push a beloved brand into new territory
- You have proficiency in tools like Adobe Suite, Affinity Designer, Spine. Bonus points for familiarity with Zbrush, Substance Painter, VFX Particle Systems.
- You have exceptional standards for 2D art, you recognize quality and have good taste
- You have experience managing projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- You are clear and concise in verbal and written communication
- You have experience in a company with a high-quality culture
- You have a great passion for games, understanding of the casual market and ability to think out of the box — plus, knowing what makes a good game
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.