ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you'll do:
We are looking for a hands-on operations lead to scale ClassDojo as we grow.
You’ll help scale our operations as our small team of 65 grows to 100+. As a strong generalist, you’ll be able to dig in across all of our internal operations, diagnose what’s needed, set strategy and get scrappy to execute on it.
- Own and systematize internal company operations. This includes the legal, HR, IT and finance functions, and where possible, operational execution cadences.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to solve the highest leverage operational problems across the company.
- Explore opportunities for systems and infrastructure to accelerate company results, across all functions (e.g. marketing, customer support, product, data, etc).
- Establish and improve systems and processes that scale as we grow from 65 to 100+ people.
- Provide financial visibility to leadership team to inform decision-making, including owning the budgeting process across the company.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 7-10 years of operations or related experience at a quickly-scaling or 100 person+ company.
- You have experience defining and scaling a high quality culture
- You are deeply thoughtful about creating and scaling company cultures, and how to operationalize it.
- You bring a playbook for how to think about a broad range of operational and scaling problems, rather than just a playbook for specific strategies or tactics.
- You bring a strong holistic problem-solving ability and good strategic judgment. You have the ability to disaggregate complex problems and synthesize large amounts of quant and qual research into simple, actionable strategies.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative ability, with a proclivity for measuring and improving.
- You act as a high-functioning thought partner for leaders on strategy across a broad range of operational problems.
- You are an effective cross-functional collaborator with high-performing peers across a variety of functions.
- You have high standards for effectiveness and efficiency, both for yourself and others.
- You understand what an OODA loop is, and have demonstrated continuous improvement for yourself, your team and your organizations.
- You move faster than is comfortable; you raise the bar for speed of results.
- You are a builder and doer, and roll up your sleeves to get it done.
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.