ClassDojo’s ultimate goal is to create an education system that serves every child on Earth with a 10x better learning experience than today. Our plan to do this is to bring communities of teachers, kids, and families together all over the world, and give those communities the power to improve their classrooms.
In this role, you will ensure consumer voice is embedded in everything we do - from new product discovery, to ongoing product growth and development, through to marketing and branding. You’ll primarily work with cross-functional product development teams of engineers, designers, product managers, marketers, and others, and you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from conception through launch and beyond. You’ll work at both a strategic and tactical level to ensure we’re always creating experiences that teachers, kids and families love.
What you’ll do:
- Product development: you’ll accelerate the discovery, shipping and scaling of high-performing products. You’ll work with teams at different stages of product development: market and audience identification, problem identification, competitive analysis, new product conception, growing and simplifying existing products.
- Customer development: outside of developing a specific product, you’ll help define our customers: who are they, their lifestyles, needs, wants, values, attitudes.
- Marketing support: you’ll support marketing efforts in growth, brand and positioning.
Relevant skills / experience:
- Experience with hands-on execution of consumer insights. You have extensive experience using consumer insights to drive meaningful business impact in a high-performing tech industry.
- Among the best of the best moderators with a keen ability to dig deep to get the insights and take those insights to drive the company forward.
- Experience with all phases of development: exploratory, generative, evaluative.
- You have experience with:
- Different stages of prod dev: market and audience identification, problem identification, competitive analysis, new product conception, growing existing products.
- Exploring consumers absent of a product - who are they, their lifestyle, needs, wants, values, attitudes.
- Supporting marketing efforts in growth, brand, positioning.
- You know how to use a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You are relentlessly resourceful: you can work standalone, and find scrappy ways to get things done in resource-constrained environments.
- You work in a lean/agile, collaborative way
- You bring structured, organized problem solving ability.
- You have a good product sense, and deep empathy for users.
- You believe in moving fast and continuously improving.
- You are a clear, crisp, effective communicator and storyteller.
ClassDojo's mission is to bring communities together, and give them the tools, ideas and energy to change education for their kids. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo is a classroom communication app that helps students build social-emotional skills while creating a simple way for teachers, parents, and students to share what’s happening during the school day through photos, videos, and messages. We're one of the fastest growing education technology companies of all time, used and loved by millions of teachers, parents and students in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and charter schools, as well as from Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Airbnb, Amazon, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
Our mission at ClassDojo is to connect every classroom in the world. We strongly feel the best way to do this is to work with people from diverse backgrounds that truly reflect the world. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs.
If you're excited about having an impact in education at massive scale, we'd love to hear from you.