Pay Rate: $17.50/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Monday, December 6, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Warehouse Stock Clerk job is available with The City of Fort Worth Water Department Field Operations Division. The Water Department Field Division is a 24/7 operation and is the largest division of the Water Department and an integral function of the maintenance of the City of Fort Worth’s infrastructure. The ideal candidate/s will provide support to the Field Operations division by identifying, ordering, receiving, stocking, and issuing parts and materials; picks up and delivers parts, supplies and materials; maintains stock records, logs and files; and performs a variety of clerical duties in assigned area of responsibility. The City of Fort Worth offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes life, health, and various additional coverage options, as well as a pension program for our career employees.
Stock Clerk job responsibilities include:
- Maintain, order and stock issuing parts and materials according to set inventory levels.
- Maintain and monitor stock records, logs and files.
- Perform tasks using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Assist customers at warehouse service counter.
- Unload and receive incoming shipments and place into inventory.
- Perform periodic physical inventory of stock.
- Pick up and deliver parts and materials as directed.
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Possession of a current forklift certification.
- Experience working in a large scale warehouse.
- Experience with procurement/purchasing.
- Extensive customer service experience
- At least one year previous warehouse experience utilizing automated inventory and purchasing systems.
- Ability to work a 24 hour rotating call back schedule.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects.
Working in all weather conditions; including extreme weather and temperatures. Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, repetitive motions, climbing, balancing, pushing, pulling, and lifting; depending on assignments. Incumbents may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, odors, dust, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, intense noises, gases, vibrations, chemicals, oils, and workspace restrictions.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.