Pay Range: $20.56 - $25.69/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Monday, December 06, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Carpenter (Skilled Trades Tech II) job is available with The City of Fort Worth Property Management Department within its Facilities Division. The Facilities Division provides City Departments with world class facility planning, design, construction, renovation and maintenance services. The Division is seeking a Carpenter to join our construction crew performing repair, renovations and remodeling of City owned facilities.
As a member of the Facilities Construction Crew This position offers a 4 day work week; Monday – Thursday 7 am – 5:30 pm or Tuesday – Friday 7 am – 5:30 pm depending on business needs.
The Carpenter job responsibilities include:
- Repairs floors, partitions, and doors; install all types of counter tops.
- Makes drawings and sketches of construction or repair projects.
- Provides maintenance, remodeling and demolition and new construction of city buildings.
- Performs rough and finished carpentry work in the construction, alteration, repair or maintenance of buildings, floors, walls, roofs, stairways, doors, windows, wooden fixtures, etc.
- HS Diploma/GED supplemented by specialized training in assigned trade and
- Two years of related skilled trades experience
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License
- Experience working in large commercial (10,000 sq ft +) buildings preferred.
- Experience in setting floor and wall tile
- Experience in building trades in the completion of repair, renovation and remodeling projects and a general knowledge of all crafts
This position is defined as heavy work. Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects.
Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A Misdemeanor Conviction, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions in the last 10 years, Class A Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication in the last 10 years, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and ALL Family Violence Convictions regardless of class.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.