Pay Range: $25.89 - $33.65/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Friday, December 3, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Project Control Specialist II job is available with the City of Fort Worth Water Department's Capital Delivery Division. The position will perform scheduling and other project controls activities working closely with project managers and project support staff. This position will coordinate with other project control specialists and the Capital delivery Team.
The Project Control Specialist II responsibilities include:
- Working heavily in Primavera P6 and prepare critical path method (CPM) schedules and associated progress reporting, cost reporting and project analysis;
- Develop and maintain baseline and monthly progress schedules for infrastructure capital projects;
- Coordinate with Engineers and Contractors on development of schedules in accordance with contract requirements;
- Update, monitor, review and perform quality control checks for the accuracy and integrity of the project data.
- Provide schedule control, cost control, earned value reports and prepare general project support reports along with any customized reports requested by upper management.
- Assist the Project Managers in identifying potential concerning project delivery schedule issues and participate in the development of recovery and resolution plans.
- Candidate should have proficient computer skills in MS Office.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as planning, engineering, business administration, finance or public administration
- Three (3) years of experience working in a construction related field and experience in project scheduling (Primavera P6), cost estimating, cost control and analysis for capital projects.
- Candidates possessing a Master's Degree in a related field
- One (1) to Three (3) years of related professional experience in project controls work on infrastructure capital projects, or EPC projects using Primavera P6 software.
- Candidates possessing experience in construction and utility related work.
- Knowledge and practice of standard project control principles, project management principles, and earned value management principles.
- Knowledge and skills using BIM360, SharePoint, and PeopleSoft tools.
- CCP, PMP, SP certifications.
- Proficient MS Office skills.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.