Pay Range: $70,000 - $83,622 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, December 2, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and one of the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades and is continually ranked in the top cities in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 City residents. The Development Services Department works with citizens, businesses, developers, and other stakeholders to achieve the City’s vision of becoming the most livable and best managed city in the country. Our fast-paced work environment and focus on constant improvement keeps us motivated to implement best practices and to provide excellent customer experiences. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer service, mutual respect, embracing the diversity of our communities, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Management Analyst II position is available in the City of Fort Worth Development Services’ Strategic Operations team. This role requires an individual who performs a wide variety of duties related to organizational analysis and budget preparation and monitoring.
The Management Analyst II job responsibilities include:
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures; identifies needed resources and implements improvements; coordinates and participates in city, department, division, or section organizational studies involving systems, procedures, functions, processes, technology, and techniques of operation or management;
- Provides a wide variety of analytical and research support in assigned departments or division; analyzes and makes recommendations for the solution of budgetary, fiscal, or operational concerns and issues;
- Designs and produces management control systems to enhance planning, scheduling and reporting activities; presents findings and recommendations to appropriate management staff; and produces project reports for the City Council and other committees;
- Works with stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify current processes and capabilities; analyzes historical data to plot trends; prepares profile of area being studied; maps business processes and work flows; identifies future needs; conducts needs and gap analyses; and identifies opportunities for process improvements, innovation, and automation;
- Communicates business needs to technical professionals and other stakeholders; performs process and system re-engineering studies and reports; facilitates re-engineering projects and change management; conducts meetings with staff to outline program goals and objectives; provides instruction on new processes or methods; and facilitates implementation of new systems through employee involvement in the change process;
- Serves as ITS liaison and provide user support and help to identify customer needs to improve business processes;
- Implements new systems, methods and procedures; monitors program progress in meeting goals and objectives; conducts updates with management staff to inform of project progress; and adjusts as necessary
- Provides oversight for the department’s technology purchasing and procurement functions; prepares monthly financial re-estimates; identifies possible budget overruns; and coordinates appropriate solution with the department’s Business Support team.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Public Administration, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- Two years of experience in the analysis of processes, procedures, operations, systems or methods, including experience in the functional area of assignment such as budget/financial management, research analysis or related experience
- Software management or troubleshooting software issues
- Navigating City data and permitting systems
- Basic to intermediate understanding of SQL and/or ability to edit or write reports using SQL
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Office Suite specific to Excel
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Green belt or beyond)
- Experience in Accela software administration
- Knowledge of:
- Business analysis, Lean Six Sigma (desired)
- Business process mapping or re-engineering
- Methods and techniques used to conduct a variety of analytical studies
- Methods and techniques of incorporating quality improvement principles into assigned operational area
- Management business practices, principles, functions and processes; and Project Management
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.