Pay Range: $81,548 - $106,013 annual compensation
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Project Manager / Sr. Professional Engineer job is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department’s Capital Delivery Division. The Sr. Project Manager will lead capital delivery teams in the management and execution of complex and dynamic infrastructure projects: streets, traffic improvements, water line, sewer lines, paving, drainage, streetlights, signals, bridges, and railroad crossings, among other infrastructure features.
The Sr. Project Manager job responsibilities include:
- Supervising and coordinating all project activities and resources related to the design and construction of public infrastructure project.
- Responsible for performing construction project management and professional civil engineering work including design and construction inspection
- Contract administration and plans review of infrastructure improvement projects of varying scope and complexity under one or more funding programs in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work within very tight time constraints
- Have strong interpersonal and leadership skills,
- The ability to work independently under the direction of an Engineering Manager; and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field.
- Three (3) years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer.
- Two (2) years of experience must relate to capital improvement, street rehabilitation projects and/or infrastructure design/review of private development projects.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Comprehensive capital project delivery program in the design, construction and inspection
- Contract administration of street, storm water system, traffic control, water and wastewater facilities projects.
- Undertaking design reviews of consultant prepared construction drawings and specifications.
- Conducting design review meetings and public meetings.
- Five (5) years of experience in street design and preparing contract documents.
- Understanding of the PMBOK, an industry-recognized project management standard
- Demonstrated success in capital project delivery from initiation to close-out
- Demonstrated proficiency in all project management disciplines (scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communication, etc.)
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point skills are required.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.