Pay Rate: $72,760 - $94,588
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. IT Programmer Analyst job is available with The City of Fort Worth IT Solutions Applications Division.
The City of Fort Worth Information Technology Solutions is seeking to hire a Sr IT Programmer Analyst to work as a part of our Application Division Team. This position is predominantly a position to assist with the support of the 400+ applications and interfaces used throughout the City. This position will be located at the City Hall Annex South (Zipper Building), 275 W 13th Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102, but may have telecommuting options available during the current COVID pandemic.
The Sr. IT Programmer Analyst job responsibilities include:
- Participate in the support of 3rd party applications used throughout the City of Fort Worth.
- Evaluation of software options, including the potential of purchased products.
- Troubleshoot complex issues with existing applications and interfaces.
- Translate business requirements into detailed technical requirements.
- Document in-house developed applications.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal departments.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or a related information technology field and five (5) years of responsible experience in computer programming.
- Five (5) years of experience with developing and supporting software interfaces and integrations using 3rd party APIs, using Microsoft SQL Server and developing solutions using C#.
- Candidate selected for hire must be able to pass a CJIS fingerprint background check
- Experience in deploying and developing with Analytic Tools (ex. Power BI)
- Past experience supporting software within a local government or other public institutions.
- Experience working both independently and as part of a team.
- Five (5) years of experience with a software source code repository such as Team Foundation Server.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.