Pay Rate: $74,609 - $96,991 annual compensation
The City of Fort Worth’s vision is to be the most livable and best managed city in the country. With Fort Worth being the 13th largest city in the United States, Fort Worth offers a wide variety of services to residents ranging from public safety to drinking water to world-class recreational amenities. We are highly motivated, collaborative, innovative and one of the fastest growing “big cities” with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Planning & Data Analytics Department is looking for a dynamic and engaging Budget Manager to take lead in the coordination, development, and oversight of the annual budget processes.
The City is reinventing its business and budgeting processes to ensure it is able to continue meeting the needs of its citizens and future citizens.
This role will work closely with peer Budget Managers to execute the budget process within the City, publish the City’s Annual Budget Documents, and monitor the budget performance throughout the year. The successful candidate will lead, develop, and train analysts within the department in order to deliver high quality documents, work product, and research and analysis. The Budget Manager will have oversight of the Business performance plans, including the development and coordination of the annual budget process as well as coordination of the ongoing budget monitoring and forecast process. This position will also be involved in the capital budgeting functions, benchmark studies, development of policies and procedures, and the continual improvement of citywide budgeting practices and data analytics capabilities.
As innovation and continual improvement drive the services provided to citizens, so too must deep innovation and a desire for continual improvement drive how we support City operations. This role will be a front row seat for some of the most exciting and challenging work in municipal government.
Ideal candidate will be able to:
Analyze and make recommendations to solve budgetary, fiscal, or operational concerns and policy issues; coach and lead team members to reach organizational goals; develop talent and build teams; interact and communicate clearly with staff from all levels of City employment; have the ability to develop consensus with departments under challenging circumstances; able to determine root causes of problems, develop solutions, and lead the implemented solution; able to build a team on trust and accountability; and able to make decisions and lead when information is not fully known nor available.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Public Administration, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or related field and 5 years of experience in the field of City Finance or municipal research and statistical analysis, with at least two years of supervisory experience.
- A working understanding of municipal government;
- Strong research and analysis skills;
- Experience working with municipal budgets;
- The ability to take complex data and prepare comprehensive / coherent reports for the general public and executive management; ability to work style to constantly changing priorities and work deadlines;
- The ability to work with staff with varying levels of understanding and stature within the organization.
- Advanced Analytics Skills
- Peoplesoft Experience
- Certification in Project Management
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.