Pay Rate: $18.53/hr.
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Call Center Customer Service Representative job is available with The City of Fort Worth Water Department in our Water Customer Relations Division. You will be responsible for answering incoming calls and providing exceptional customer service in a professional manner and in a fast paced environment.
Sr. Call Center Customer Service Representative job responsibilities include:
- Must be able to handle a large volume of inbound phone calls.
- Answers complicated customer requests or inquiries concerning water utility services. Resolves customer issues with one call resolution.
- Assist customers with request for service start-ups, transfers, disconnections, etc.
- Answer questions related to billing, consumption and payment concerns.
- Research, resolve and follow up on customer service concerns and inquiries.
- Meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as established by the department.
- Log all customer service requests in a customer relationship management system (CRMS) and consistently record accurate data on customer accounts, and routes to the appropriate department(s) and/or personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of contact center concepts, practices, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and principles.
- Excellent data entry and typing skills.
- Superior listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of three years of experience answering incoming calls and/or related customer service experience.
- You must be available to work any shift between 7AM and 7PM, Monday through Friday and overtime as needed.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application and HTE/Sungard Utility Billing System or other similar billing software.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.