Pay Rate: $57,137 - $70,700
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
The City of Fort Worth, Water Quality Section, performs critical program functions ensuring compliance with respective municipal, state, and federal rules and regulations, including Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Programs.
A Senior Environmental Specialist job is available with The City of Fort Worth, Water Quality Section for the Code Compliance Department, Environmental Quality Division.
Currently, the selected individuals will work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The schedule may occasionally include holidays, inclement weather days, weekends, and on-call quarterly after-hours for the Spill Response program.
Sr. Environmental Specialist job responsibilities include:
- Lead and act as the subject matter expert for the MS4 Construction Program and Construction Grading Permit Reviews Program.
- Perform MS4 compliance and enforcement of related activities such as Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination (IDDE), spill response, TPDES industrial and construction stormwater, dry weather and wet weather field screen, rapid bio assessments, and commercial cosmetic cleaners and internal audit assessment.
- Aiding and assisting supervisory personnel in the tracking and oversight of the Water Quality Section essential functions;
- Assist in public education events, public meetings, and presentations
- Receive training and assignments for duties across the Water Quality Section;
- Track team workload and deliverables completion;
- Prepare and submit the required project/program reporting;
- Quality assurance of staff members’ work product;
- Providing routine data reports and program analytics;
- Preparing and presenting scientific, technical, and training presentations; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Aquatic Science, Geology, Soil Science, or other field related to the Natural Sciences AND individuals with at least three years of responsible experience in environmental-related management programs and services.
- Possession of a valid Class “C” driver’s license.
- Candidates with higher levels of education;
- Experience in Stormwater Construction Management, site best management practices and stormwater compliance and construction inspections;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Use of database systems;
- Gathering, organizing, interpreting, and recording information accurately;
- Clear and effective communication with internal-/external customers, entities, and agencies;
- Training/instructing junior personnel in the procedures/protocols of their assigned duties;
- Performing troubleshooting and root cause analysis;
- Technical Writing Skills; and Metrics Tracking and Analysis.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.