Pay Range: $81,548 - $106,013 annual compensation
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Professional Engineer job is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works department. The Sr. Professional Engineer will lead development and implementation of the traffic signal operation group, inclusive of signal timing, signal design, traffic study, and plan review.
The Sr. Professional Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Provides direct support to the Engineering manager
- Will assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, goals and objectives
- Monitor work activities, and make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures
- Supervise staff responsible for implementation city wide signal timing plan, preparing traffic signal projects/contracts
- Communicates with TxDOT and NCTCOGS for grand funding projects
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in transportation engineering or related field
- Three (3) years of traffic signal operation and design related experience
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- A valid Driver's License
- Knowledge of the latest versions of the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (TMUTCD), Highway Capacity Manual (TRB HCM 2010), AASHTO Manual for Geometric Designs of Highways and Streets and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to take projects from a conceptual state through construction and doing so successfully while engaging stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver the projects on time and on budget. Ability to identify and address risks to project design, schedule or budget.
- Experience analyzing crash data, with specific experience utilizing TxDOT’s Crash Records Information System (CRIS)
- Ability to design and implement transportation projects and project scoping design concepts.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and maintain productive working relationships. Excellent interpersonal communication skills including public speaking and the ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner.
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret and evaluate civil engineering problems and provide practical, cost-effective solutions.
- Community meeting experience
- Proven ability to independently plan, schedule, organize and complete multiple projects within established deadlines and budget
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.