Pay Range: $89,132 - $115,872 annual compensation
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Construction Inspector job is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department in the Capital Delivery Division. The Construction Manager will support the construction services team in providing construction oversight of projects. The construction services team delivers construction phase support to both developer and capital infrastructure projects. These projects include: roadway and sidewalk paving, drainage and bridge design; intersection and safety improvements; water/sewer line relocations; street lighting; railroad crossings and streetscape infrastructure improvements.
The ideal candidate must have construction management experience, be able to review and interpret construction drawings, develop an understanding of the City’s guidelines and specifications, perform constructability reviews, work within very tight time constraints, and have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, the ability to work independently under the direction of the construction services Sr. Capital Project Officer; and possess good oral and written communication skills.
The Construction Manager job responsibilities include:
- Proactively monitoring multiple project budgets and schedules
- Lead a team of inspection and surveying professionals
- Assist in staff training, development and implementation of policies, procedures, goals and objectives; monitor work activities
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology, Project Management or Construction Management
- Four years of construction management experience
- Certified Construction Manager as issued by the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) within six months of hire.
- Municipal Government experience
- Five (5) years of construction management experience.
- Monitor project budgets and schedules
- Facilitation of employee training in targeted areas of knowledge
- Strong history of delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Accela, Bluebeam skills, BIM 360 and/or other project management information systems.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid Texas Driver’s License.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.