Thanks for stopping by to check out Citizen and our open roles! Whether you're actively looking for a new opportunity or not, join our Talent Network to stay in the know about all things hiring at Citizen. Feel free to apply and our recruiting team will be in touch when we have a role that aligns with your interests and background! We're on a mission to make the world a safer place and would love the opportunity to have you join us in the future.
Citizen is a free app that keeps you and your loved ones safe. It is a powerful force for good that has already evacuated people from burning buildings, diverted school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and reunited missing children with their parents.
Using our unique technology, 911 alerts are made available to the public and are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content to provide you with the information you need to protect yourself and your loved ones. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
This year Citizen will expand further across the United States with the express mission of making your world a safer place. We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up nationwide. With a group of passionate builders from Facebook, Square, Uber, Google and HQ Trivia, Citizen is the company your current company doesn’t want you to know about.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, and Founders Fund and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to define and deliver features
- Design wireframes, flows, sketches and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Design a cohesive UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow for the Citizen mobile app
- Champion and communicate ideas across our Product and Engineering teams
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure high-quality feature implementation
- Design with an awareness of constraints and limitations as they apply to each platform (iOS, Android, web)
- Help run qualitative research, identifying needs and pain points to inform feature development
- 5+ years of experience working in Product Design, ideally with a focus on mobile design
- An exceptional portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design
- Knowledge of up-to-date UX best practices for mobile platforms
- Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, mobile platform design guidelines, with the ability to create detailed specifications and style guides
- Enjoys coaching and collaborating with others
Citizen is a fully-distributed team that offers a competitive compensation & benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock options, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.