Citizen is the No. 1 personal safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings,, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are fire engines passing by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident and communicating with one another, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, give people the immediate information to stay safe.
Our first paid product—Citizen Protect—is a only-of-its-kind personal safety subscription that allows users to reach a digital guardian 24/7 for $20/mo. Subscribers used Citizen Protect to guide emergency response to remote hiking locations, or travel safely on late-night walks..
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will continue to expand and prioritize We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to join Citizen.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised $100M+ in VC funding.
About the Role:
As our Operations Specialist, you are critical to the successful transmission of safety information to our Central Operations team by building, shipping, and maintaining Citizen radios. In addition, you will troubleshoot hardware remotely upon initial setup or if a device is offline. Because the radios provide real-time information to our Citizen community, the role may occasionally require you to be on-call.
If you are a software-defined radio (SDR) hobbyist, enjoy tinkering with electronic devices, or have an interest in public safety, we encourage you to apply!
What You’ll Do Here:
- Monitor real-time alerts, troubleshooting any hardware issues or failures
- Monitor the stability of our radio coverage operation by onboarding and managing our network of distributed devices across the U.S.
- Apply knowledge of public safety and communications to identify coverage gaps and additional sources of information to maximize our ability to provide real-time information across regions for existing markets and new markets
- Occasional hardware installation and/or management at a number of data centers across the U.S.
We’d Love to Hear from You if You:
- Understand public safety communications infrastructure and applications across the U.S.
- Have 1-2 years of experience building and maintaining electronic hardware devices
- Possess a basic technical knowledge of Software-Defined Radio (SDR)
- Enjoy working cross functionally across the entire organization
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.