Please note that our National Operations Center is a 24/7 operation with three shifts.
Candidates must be available for one the following full-time shifts and open to working a schedule that includes both weekend days:
Morning (6am-3pm ET)
Evening (2pm-11pm ET)
Overnight (10pm-7am ET) *Please note this shift pays more than daytime shifts.
Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines passing by. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
About the Team
Citizen Protect is a private security system used to keep individuals and families safe. It's Citizen's first subscription product and combines the power of our network, trained safety agents, and technology to give everyone the power to protect themselves and the people they love. Citizen Protect includes a powerful suite of safety products including a fast way to reach a safety professional when you’re in trouble and a live tracking tool so your friends and loved ones can look out for you.
The talented, detail-oriented, and experienced individuals on this team are responsible for guiding Citizen user’s through any safety situation, big or small. Team members are able to think on their toes, quickly triage situations, and are passionate about keeping their communities safe and informed.
Citizen is searching for trained customer service professionals who are equipped to aid others in minor or major emergency situations. Virtual Safety Agents will play a key role in leading our mission critical 24/7 National Operations Center. In this role, you will be communicating with users who are in need of assistance in potentially unsafe conditions. You will be responsible for guiding difficult conversations and using your best judgement in determining the severity of these situations in real-time. You will be at the frontlines of helping users who feel unsafe in their surroundings and offer direct assistance and escalation to 911.
- Communicate with users who have indicated they are in need of immediate assistance
- Triage the level of severity of each call and make appropriate assessments of necessary next steps
- Offer support and guidance in real-time to any user who feels unsafe
- Decide when a situation is of heightened importance and should be escalated to 911
- Work with a team of Safety Alert Writers to help distribute relevant safety information
- Make real-time judgement calls that directly impact a person’s personal safety
- Experience working in customer service, handling high call volume
- Experience verbally communicating with customers daily
- Exercise superb judgment on sensitive subject matter
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize
- Ability to mitigate stressful situations and demonstrate empathy for others
- Flexible and open to constantly-changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within tight time frames
- *Experience as a first responder / medical professional a plus
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, overtime, meals, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.