Citizen is a free app that keeps you and your loved ones safe. It is a powerful force for good that has already evacuated people from burning buildings, diverted school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and reunited missing children with their parents.
Using our unique technology, 911 alerts are made available to the public and are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content to provide you with the information you need to protect yourself and your loved ones. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
This year Citizen will expand further across the United States with the express mission of making your world a safer place. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up nationwide. With a group of passionate builders from Facebook, Square, Uber, Google and HQ Trivia, Citizen is the company your current company doesn’t want you to know about.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, and Founders Fund and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
As Citizen’s first Director of Finance, you will be responsible for overseeing all things related to finance and accounting. As the initial member of the finance team, you will help implement policies, processes, and procedures within the control environment. Additionally, you will be in charge of establishing Citizen’s finance and accounting infrastructure, driving initiatives, and a variety of other special projects. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with previous startup experience. This position will have a direct line to the CEO.
- Own all aspects of the finance and accounting operations, including periodic financial reporting, forecasts, planning, budgeting, financial analysis, cash management, payroll, procurement, and vendor management.
- Own Citizen’s company-wide financial model and perform ad-hoc scenario analysis as needed.
- Partner with functional areas on financial planning, budget management, and identification of relevant key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with the management team in developing and driving the overall business strategy, and specifically the firm’s business model and monetization strategy.
- Source, negotiate, close and administer banking, real estate leases, insurance policies, and other important company contracts.
- Oversee stock administration/equity management via Carta.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting and/or 5-10 years of job-related experience in a fast-growing startup.
- Leadership experience building an accounting organization and driving organizational and process change.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in an entrepreneurial work environment.
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, unlimited PTO, company holidays, stock options, commuter benefits, lunch daily, weekly team dinners, regular team outings, guest speakers, and lots more!
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.