Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a talented leader who thrives in an innovative and high energy environment. The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in helping to build out the critical operational backbone of the tax department and enjoys problem solving in an uncertain regulatory environment. This key hire will oversee external service providers’ preparation of federal, state and international tax reporting and compliance functions (income and indirect tax). The Tax Operations team will also review all quarterly and annual tax accounting for financial and SEC reporting purposes.
What you'll work on:
- Build and manage a global tax operations function with heavy emphasis on establishing efficient processes informed by multinational corporate experience and best practices.
- Prioritize developing and motivating a team that will excel in a fast-moving, hyper-growth setting.
- Partner closely with other tax department members on global and regional tax planning initiatives, structuring, and M&A transactions (including integration)
- Build on key multistakeholder relationships with Accounting, Finance, Operations, Business teams to ensure integration of Tax as a business partner.
- Responsible for tracking US tax legislative developments and related implications to provide financial risk and operational advice to management on any impacts to Circle.
- Drive key Tax contributions to the design and implementation of the future ERP system and be responsible for managing the tax software procurement process.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years of experience in global corporate tax (including public accounting experience)
- 5+ years of managing a team in a public company setting.
- Expertise in accounting for income tax issues and US GAAP
- Familiarity with international tax and cross border differences
- Prioritization of tax technical positions and related documentation. Experience with M&A strongly preferred.
- Experience in financial services or fintech industries preferred
- Excellence in executing complex, multistakeholder projects and initiatives.
- True relationship building skills and commitment to high standards of integrity and work quality
- Ability to lead by modeling collaborative, humble, and execution-oriented behavior.
- A Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.