SeedInvest is seeking an Associate Counsel to join its Legal team in New York, NY. This individual will be responsible for assisting issuers with all aspects of their fundraising campaigns, including everything from initial on-boarding to post-closing corporate events, to ensure legal and regulatory compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
What You’ll Work On
- Oversee the execution of engagement agreements with prospective issuers
- Prepare and review issuer offering materials for compliance with various SEC/FINRA rules, including internal diligence standards
- Prepare and complete certain regulatory filings, including, but not limited to those pursuant to FINRA Rule 5110 and FINRA Rule 5123, as well as certain compliance related filings
- Support post-fundraise closing mechanics, operations, and reviews (including voting, transfers, distributions, and liquidations)
- Assist with the management of portfolio company reporting and data
- Assist with establishing best practices for legal and compliance at SeedInvest and guiding members across the team
What You’ll Bring to SeedInvest
- BA/BS degree; JD degree
- License to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a practicing attorney at either: a reputable law firm, a securities regulator (i.e. FINRA/SEC), or in-house at a startup or tech company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on private placements, public offerings, or with investment companies
- Experience drafting PPM’s, offering documents, or SEC filings (i.e. S-1, S-3, 10-K, 10-Q)
- Fintech startup experience
- Series 82 and 63 licenses (if not, you will be expected to get obtain these within 3-6 months of employment with SeedInvest/Circle)
SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides individual investors with access to vetted startup investment opportunities. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. SeedInvest has funded over 150 startups and boasts a rapidly growing network of over 250,000 investors. SeedInvest has had over 40,000 startups apply to raise capital since inception and has accepted less than 1% of those companies to feature on the platform. The company was recently featured on the 2018 Inc. 500 List as the 4th fastest-growing financial services company in America.
In March, 2019 Circle Internet Financial Ltd. acquired SeedInvest. Circle is a global crypto finance company built on blockchain, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. Circle's suite of products enable customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. Circle is backed by $250 million from Goldman Sachs, Baidu, IDG, Breyer Capital, General Catalyst, and other leading global investors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.