As a Data Analyst in AML Compliance teams team, you’ll join a data-driven team focused on helping prevent, identify, and report financial crime on Circle’s products. Specifically, you will be responsible for the development, tuning, testing, and documenting of anti-money laundering (AML) transaction monitoring rules. This will include the day-to-day maintenance of existing transaction monitoring rules through outcome analysis and tuning of parameters. Additionally, you will be tasked with developing new transaction monitoring rules to address new and evolving risks in the cutting- edge cryptocurrency environment. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who seek a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
What you’ll work on
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to create infrastructure to allow the implementation of effective transaction monitoring rules
- Create, test and tune new and existing rules and triggers for Circle’s AML Transaction Monitoring program based on data analysis and ensure their functionality and applicability to the product needs.
- Collect and manage diverse data to generate curated data sets for ease of interpretation and reporting.
- Perform complex data analysis on compliance strategies performance, accuracy and on-going monitoring.
- Distill insights from data and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations & executive presentations.
- Automate operational workload and workforce metrics
- Build a software stack of automated monitors and alerts that keep tabs on abnormalities in customer behavior, compliance-rules efficiency and performance.
- Creation of dashboards to deliver valuable insights that drive decision making and ensure documentation demonstrates that the program meets regulatory requirements
What you’ll bring to Circle
- 1-3+ years of experience contributing to the development, testing, and/or tuning of AML transaction monitoring rules or model rule development and model validation
- Compliance or data analytics experience in either banking, cryptocurrency, consulting, or Fintech a plus
- Understanding of traditional money laundering and terrorist financing typologies a plus
- Minimum of 2 years experience with SQL (postgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Bachelor’s degree. A quantitative or technical degree a plus
- Additional technical skills a plus (E.g., Python)
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. In March 2019, Circle acquired SeedInvest, the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.