*This is a remote position*
Cerebral is a one-stop shop for high-quality mental health care.
Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from 5 people in an off brand WeWork to over 2,000 team members across the United States working hand in hand to transform access to high-quality mental health care at scale. Our team will not stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality mental health care without the high cost, wait times, and stigma.
We recently became the fastest mental health company ever to unicorn status, having raised over $162 million and achieved a valuation above $1.2 billion. Cerebral’s investors include Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, Chris Burch, WestCap, and Oak HC/FT.
It is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
Cerebral is looking for a talented Assistant Controller for our growing accounting team. The Assistant Controller will play a key leadership role in the finance organization around the preparation and orchestration of the external audit, managing of external financial consultants, and creating accounting processes and procedures. This role with also be heavily involved in the monthly close process including reviewing and preparing journal entries, maintaining account reconciliations, and preparing financial reports. The role will work closely with multiple departments to provide financial information to aid in decision making. In addition, we are a rapidly growing organization working to professionalize our organization quickly- this role will work closely with the Controller to create processes and internal controls as the Company makes business decisions that will impact it for years to come. With Cerebral’s rapid growth, we need a strong Assistant Controller who can quickly help us build a high performing and scalable organization to support our ambitions.
- Manage a senior accountant
- Manage the monthly close process on an end-to-end basis ensuring the quality and timeliness of close
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts and posting adjusting journal entries or reviewing this process if done by senior accounting
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting
- Oversee the annual audit from preparation to completion, working closely with the Controller and external auditors
- Manage independent consultants such as equity specialists and tax consultants
- Be a US GAAP technical accounting resource by providing guidance, performing research and preparing accounting memos
- Leading efforts to build out new processes and structure addressing and improving the month end close process, internal controls, and financial reporting. Establishing policies, internal controls, and procedures necessary for mitigating risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensuring that reported results comply with US GAAP. Monitoring these controls and enforcing when appropriate,
- Lead the implementation of ERP modules (from Quickbooks to Netsuite)
- Manage state and federal tax compliance
- Areas of ownership will rotate over time and may include additional duties such as: revenue operations, accounts payable, taxes, payroll and benefits, accrual accounting, fixed assets, accounts receivable, inventory, or other financial reporting needs.
- Various special projects and ad hoc analyses as assigned
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- CPA required
- 7+ years of experience, ideally experience at a big four accounting firm followed by an in-house role
- Strong revenue recognition experience under ASC 606
- Practiced technical research skills
- Passion for the development of processes and structure
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong attention to detail
- High integrity, self-aware, and humble
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy