At Cerebral, we're on a mission to democratize access to high-quality mental health care for all. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves to get the care they need, and are striving to make care convenient and accessible, while tackling the stigmas that surround mental illness.
Since launching in January of 2020, Cerebral has scaled to provide mental health services to more than 700,000 people in all fifty US states. With support from investors like SoftBank, Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, WestCap, and others, and impactful leaders like you, we’ll continue to democratize mental health care and double down on clinical quality and deliver exceptional client outcomes for years to come. With a heavy focus on clinical quality and safety in all that we do, we’ve accomplished excellent outcomes for hundreds of thousands of clients:
- 82% of clients report an improvement in their anxiety symptoms after using Cerebral.
- 75% of clients who report improvement in their depression see improvement within 60 days.
- 50% of clients who initially report suicidal ideation no longer harbor suicidal thoughts after treatment with Cerebral.
This is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we won’t stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality, evidence-based mental health care without high costs and/or long wait times. We’re looking for mission-driven leaders who share these values, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
We are hiring a full-time Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner! Cerebral provides evidence-based treatment for adults seeking mental health care. Our telemedicine prescribers collaborate with Therapists and Psychiatrists to support clients during their mental health journey. This PMHNP role provides direct patient care for a panel of clients and allows for flexibility when client sessions can be scheduled. You can see clients during traditional business hours, evenings, or on weekends. This PMHNP will work within our clinical coverage team, providing additional support to clients between their sessions. This includes checking the client ticketing queue x3 daily during normal business hours.
We are looking for clinicians with state licenses from the following states: California, New Jersey, New York, and/or Pennsylvania
Who you are:
- You are PMHNP licensed and in good standing
- Board certification (AANP or ANCC)
- Minimum of a Master's degree in nursing, specializing in psychiatric mental health
- Comfortable assessing and formulating evidence-based treatment plans for clients with mental illness
- Maintain a strong evidence-based clinical skill set while practicing & implementing outcome-focused care within the clinical coverage team
- Empathetic and intuitive listening
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Knowledgeable in crisis response
- Comfortable working autonomously in a telemedicine environment
- Tech-savvy with the ability to navigate various systems & tools with ease (this includes, but is not limited to Google Workspace, proprietary EMR, etc.)
- Passionate about our mission of improving access to high-quality mental health care
- An entrepreneurial spirit or previous experience within a startup or fast-paced environment is preferred
How your skills and passion will come to life at Cerebral:
- Hold thoughtful and engaged sessions with clients; 30 minute initial sessions and 15 minute follow up sessions
- Provide a minimum of 36 hours of weekly availability for client-facing care that includes client sessions and clinical coverage during normal business hours
- Maintain and provide direct care to a panel of clients
- Respond to client clinical questions and needs as part of our clinical coverage program; this includes checking the client ticketing queue x3 daily during normal business hours so our clients have additional support between their sessions
- You will work collaboratively with other mental health care partners at Cerebral to ensure the most beneficial level of evidence-based treatment plans for our clients
- Work alongside other like-minded clinicians that have a common goal to positively impact the lives of others, and create an environment that leads to favorable outcomes for clients
What we offer:
- Mission-driven impact:
- Shape the future of the #1 largest and fastest growing online mental health care company in the world
- Build a platform that is improving the lives and well-being of hundreds of thousands of people
- Join a community of high achievers who have a passion for promoting mental health
- Path to develop & grow:
- Readily available psychiatrists and clinician leadership for case consultations to ensure you always receive the support you need
- Access to innovative technology to support you in delivering the highest quality of care to your clients
- Access to UpToDate for continued education (free CEU offering)
- Remote-first model:
- Flexibility to choose the hours and schedule that work best for you
- Work virtually from anywhere in the United States
- Culture & connectivity:
- Highly-responsive and supportive team of clinical and operational management
- Decreased administrative time for clinicians through ongoing technology improvements and automations
- Fully integrated, data-enabled EMR with embedded clinical decision support, monthly prescriber metric reports, and task management system
- Opportunity to participate in strategic development initiatives to improve our clinical quality and safety and/or clinical processes across the organization
The national base salary range (OR the national hourly range for nonexempt positions) offered for this position is outlined below. Cerebral is committed to equal pay for equal work; however, business reasons may dictate variations in pay that are attributed to objective factors, such as a candidate's qualifications and years of experience.
Who we are (our company values):
- Client-first Focus - relentless focus on advancing the quality of care, clinical experience, and patient safety
- Ethics & Integrity - do what is right and demonstrate ethical principles, even when no one is watching
- Commitment - accountable for fully delivering on commitments to our clients and each other
- Impact & Quality - make a positive impact and deliver high quality outcomes, based on data and evidence
- Empathy - act compassionately, listen to seek understanding, and cultivate psychological safety with clients and colleagues
- Collaboration - achieve our goals together as a united team, strengthened by mutual openness, trust, and diversity of thought
- Thoughtful Innovation - continuously evolve our ability to deliver on our mission, prioritizing long-term, strategic bets over short-term gains
Cerebral is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
Cerebral, Inc. is a management services organization that provides health information technology, information management system, and non-clinical administrative support services for various medical practices, including Cerebral Medical Group, PA and its affiliated practices (CMG), who are solely responsible for providing and overseeing all clinical matters. Cerebral, Inc. does not provide healthcare services, employ any healthcare provider, own any medical practice (including CMG), or control or attempt to control any provider or the provision of any healthcare service. “Cerebral” is the brand name commonly used by Cerebral, Inc. and CMG.