*This is a fully remote role that can be performed anywhere in the U.S.*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We recently just raised $127 million in Series B funding, making us the fastest mental health company in history to reach unicorn status! We have big plans that you can be part of, and we need your help.
Do you have a paralegal background, and want to use that expertise to advise a fast-growing business on emerging legal issues? Are you creative and like to think on your feet? Do you want to shape the future of the mental health telemedicine industry? If so, then this role is for you.
As our Corporate Paralegal, you will work with some of the most innovative legal, growth, marketing, operations, and product teams out there. You will be responsible for managing corporate and commercial contract processes and assisting Cerebral’s legal team in a variety of complex corporate and commercial transactions.
The successful Corporate Paralegal will:
- Manage and maintain Cerebral’s corporate document portfolio, legal entity structure, IP portfolio, contracts, corporate databases, and equity administration
- Establish internal corporate processes
- Assist attorneys in an array of corporate and commercial transactions, from preparation to closing
- Draft a variety of corporate documents, including intercompany agreements, confidentiality agreements, incorporation documents, shareholder and board resolutions, meeting minutes, officer certificates, powers of attorney and employment/equity documents
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsels and outside vendors in various legal matters
- Provide legal support to and work with internal teams on a variety of legal matters
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 4-7 years of corporate paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house at a technology company
- Corporate and contracts experience, including entity formation and maintenance, contracts review, drafting, and negotiation, corporate governance practices, and equity administration.
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate
- Comfortable making judgment calls, spotting issues, and escalating to the team when necessary
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Adept at technical tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and document sharing and e-signing tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Teamwork mentality and enthusiasm to help others