*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 30% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
Cerebral is seeking a Head of Business Development responsible for developing our business-to-business (B2B) strategy, building revenue and reimbursement models, and cultivating key strategic partnerships that position the company for growth. This person will build and manage teams in the following areas: B2B marketing, account management, sales strategy & operations. This candidate is responsible for establishing relationships with managed care organizations, insurers, employers, and other entities. This role is ideal for a hands-on team builder with a strong business development and sales background, who loves leading ambitious individuals. Analytical problem-solvers that can think strategically, build relationships and succeed in closing deals - yet are willing to roll-up sleeves, get tactical and own a divisional P&L - will particularly enjoy this role. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a company that is disrupting the behavioral health industry and is making a lasting positive impact in people’s lives. The role will report directly to the CEO.
How you will contribute:
- Establish, lead, and deliver on a significant number of revenue generating partnerships with national and regional health plan partners.
- Partner with Cerebral cross-functionally to develop successful partner relationships including strategic efforts across our product, operations, data, and clinical teams.
- Team with others on the Business Development leadership team to establish, develop, and meet revenue goals.
- End to end business development execution, including but not limited to identification and screening of strategic partners and negotiating and closing enterprise agreements
- Creating a strategy to build out a qualified pipeline for long term prospects and new potential customers within other relevant verticals
- Represent the Cerebral brand when engaging with strategic partners and educate executives on Cerebral’s features and capabilities as a subject matter expert on the product
- Understand Cerebral’s market opportunities and analyze potential leads through strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- Build out the Business development team and create a culture of accountability, achievement, and drive
- Develop and manage the business development team budget and incentive program
- Partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation, and contracts
- Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results.
- Coordinate the implementation of newly closed relationships and liaise internally with other divisions at Cerebral (e.g. product, operations).
- Own and manage a P&L for this team.
- Lead and manage the team including setting performance metrics and incentive structures.
- Lead from the front and close important deals personally.
- Identify market opportunities and implement relevant strategies
- Work with the marketing team to optimise sales collateral and brand awareness
- Oversee all sales reporting to the executive team
- Help develop and execute the business development and growth strategy
- Work with regulatory and insurance groups to gain industry adoption
- Develop pricing models and reimbursement strategies for their services
- Estimate revenue projections for key disease and service areas
- Work with product team to integrate key customer needs and revenue-generating services
Skills you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of direct experience in a business development focused role in health technology and services as an outward facing representative of the company
- Healthcare experience required with Health Plan experience preferred
- Proven track record of building and maintaining C-Suite level relationships within complex cross-functional organizations
- Critical core competencies include: Ability to work independently; ability to proactively develop strong relationships; excellent communication skills; ability to think strategically about client needs and dynamics to deliver on client needs while simultaneously working within Cerebral’s competencies
- Experience leading teams, building out a business development org, and creating a sales compensation structure for individuals and teams
- Proven track record of success prospecting, qualifying and closing on key business leads and targets within the health and wellness industry
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders, such as Product and Operations, and collaborate across remote, centralized, and international teams
- Strong background in healthcare retail, managed care or benefit verticals.
- Must have built and successfully led biz dev and/or sales teams.
- Early-stage startup experience, where tenacity and resources are constrained, is a huge plus.
- A diverse portfolio of contacts within the health and wellness field in your network and experience building trusted partnerships through leveraging those relationships
- Fast-paced team players that are methodical, hands-on problem solvers.
- Strong analytical, business development, product and finance background
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and grow senior-level customer relationships
- Successful launch of a commercial product
- Experience in pharmaceutical and healthcare sales
- Bachelor's Degree
- Role is located remotely with occasional travel to be expected once safe
- A passion for developing new business, and proof of experience breaking ground into new customer bases
- Strong leadership ability and people management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. You can explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different users
- Driven self-starter who excels in an ever changing environment and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Holds themselves and their team accountable for hitting metrics
- A passion for mental health and improving access to high-quality, long term mental health at scale.
- Excited to build things from scratch, build out a team, and move up within a hyper growth startup.
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy