*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are doubling in subscribers every few months!
How you will contribute:
- Lead, manage, and participate in an on-call rotation of software and site reliability engineers
- Build and release reliable, stable products across several platforms and initiatives
- Establish and measure availability objectives
- Engage cross-functionally with several departments to determine the success criteria and meet it
- Lead by example for application instrumentation, alerting, and communication
- Document and develop processes to support systems across the organization
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
- Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
Our tech stack:
- Language: Ruby, Reactjs, React Native, Python, Typescript, HTML, CSS
- Systems: AWS, Kubernetes, Postgres, CircleCI
Skills you’ll bring:
- Experience as a site reliability engineer with a progressive career, possibly as a software engineer previously, for a dynamic organization growing more than 50% year over year
- Adept at implementing monitoring, alerting, and support processes
- Great communication and tactful presentation skills to train engineers on best practices for observability
- Ability to continuously improve release reliability through automation and system architecture
- Develop and deliver tools necessary for tiered support teams to be effective at frontline support
- Guide and coach support staff with improving standard operating procedures and runbooks
- Previous on-call experience meeting 90% of resolution time SLAs and few incident reassignments
- Experience with healthcare systems containing PHI data
- An understanding and drive to implement incident management processes such as retrospectives.
- A site reliability engineer with a progressive career
- Experience working in a rapidly growing organization
- Lead high performing SRE teams
- Quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- Curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills
- Adept at prioritizing business value while shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders
Bonus points if you...
- Have open source contributions
- Have experience working at a world-class technology company
- Have experience in high security environments
- Have worked in a company while it went public
- Top quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Stock options compensation plan
Must be located within the United States or Canada