Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to achieve our mission of providing affordable, quality mental health.
How you will contribute:
- Provide clients with an exceptional experience from start to finish when obtaining new and refill prescription medications
- Engage in medication consultations and be well versed in everything from potential side effects to the components of drugs
- Utilize a combination of metrics, interviews, stakeholder strategy, and market data to assist with the product roadmap
- Work closely with other stakeholders to ensure proper and timely delivery of medications through appropriate reconciliation of claims
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of the organization
- Take ownership of OKRs, KPIs and their drivers, while meeting SLAs
- Inspire, champion, and coach staff as the need arises
- This role will be responsible for supporting the overall daily operations and supervision of the pharmacy department including but not limited to operational and clinical services. Such services include, but are not limited to supervising staff, purchasing, preparation and distribution of drugs, clinical oversight and interaction with medical staff, and oversight of appropriate / timely submission/reconciliation of drug claims.
- Who are you? Great question. You love to provide exceptional customer service while building and optimizing operations. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You have a deep understanding of the pharmacy industry from retail to mail order and systems. Most importantly, you are driven by a desire to advance the patient experience in the healthcare space.
- 3+ years of experience in a retail and/or mail-order pharmacy environment.
- Licensed pharmacist requires graduating from a college or school of pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), such as a Doctor of Pharmacy Program (D.) program and passing the North American Pharmacist Licensure Exam, or NAPLEX
- Must hold a current unrestricted pharmacist license in the state of Florida
- Strong command of logistics, inventory management, and pharmacy management systems
- To have or willingness to obtain multiple state licenses
- Call center experience
- Ability to navigate or familiarity with EMR systems
- Past supervisory or leadership experience a plus