Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is looking for a talented Controller to build and lead Cerebral’s accounting and reporting function. You will own our accounting close process, internal controls, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management and financial reporting. We are looking for a motivated partner to effectively implement new systems and procedures to support organizational programs and help the company scale.
- Responsible for overseeing all the daily accounting activities of the company, including general ledger, revenue recognition, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Oversee month-end close process including journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis, and financial statement preparation to ensure accounts are timely and accurately reconciled, reported and in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensure company is compliant with federal, state, and local tax and legal requirements
- Protect company assets by establishing and monitoring internal controls
- Assist in budget and forecasting activities and variance analysis
- Perform and document technical accounting research
- Build, coach and retain a high performing team capable of scaling with the company’s growth
- Implement systems and protocols to maintain cost controls, budgeting, and AR/AP management
- Prepare internal and external financial statements
- Manage relationships with vendors, banks, corporate cards and merchant processors
- Lead the annual audit process
- Additional tasks within scope of role (as assigned).
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- At least 8+ years of accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Ability to initiate ideas and implement new processes