Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
We are a mission-driven company, and this is more than just a growth role. Many people struggle with their mental health in silence, but 75% of Cerebral members show improvement in just 2 visits. Your ability to move somebody from “maybe” to “yes” can actively reduce mental health suffering in the world.
We’re looking for a software engineer with interest and experience in data and analytics to support the core and retention engineering teams.
- Create client and admin application updates based on data findings.
- Manage internal application data models and set up ETLs with third-party services to data warehouse
- Manage data warehouse
- Partner with various stakeholders within the business, understand their data and reporting requirements and translate them into definitions and technical specifications.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, data discrepancies, alerts etc.
- Proactively engage with functional teams to design and execute on a roadmap for internal, partner, and client data and analytics solutions.
- Instrument, measure, and iterate upon our onboarding funnel to maximize our conversion rate.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with a degree in software engineering
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years of experience with SQL/relational databases
- 1+ years of experience in Python
- Expert knowledge in database structure, data modeling concepts, and implementation.
- Must have experience setting up ETLs and a data warehouse
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Excellent communicator. Ability to explain key concepts, like cherry-picking, to people across diverse, cross-functional teams (engineering, marketing, sales, and business operations) and manage project plans in order to communicate progress and deliver solutions
- Comfort running an agile development process—and changing the engineering roadmap as business needs change
- Startup grit. Willingness and desire to take on personal responsibility for the business as a whole and “figure it out”, whether it’s in your exact functional lane or not.
- Excitement and passion for expanding access to mental health. See this link for more detail on Cerebral’s vision and values.
Bonus/Nice to have:
- 2+ years of experience in React JS
- Experience with R