Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
We’re looking for a full-stack growth engineer who can jump around our tech stack to help us measure and refine our customer journey—from awareness to retention and referral.
We are a mission-driven company, and this is more than just a growth role. Many people struggle with their mental health in silence, but 75% of Cerebral members show improvement in just 2 visits. Your ability to move somebody from “maybe” to “yes” can actively reduce mental health suffering in the world.
- Be responsible for building and managing core parts of our customer-facing web experience, blog, and other marketing infrastructure
- Instrument, measure, and iterate upon our onboarding funnel to maximize our conversion rate
- Work with the growth team to generate and implement trustworthy online experiments (multivariate tests, etc) on our owned properties and in tandem with our paid advertising
- Own scripts and technologies that interface with third party services (Facebook, Google, Chargebee, data warehouse, etc)
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with a degree in software engineering, or 5 years or professional software development experience without a degree.
- 2+ years developing, running, and generating data for self-built A/B tests or multivariate tests in web-based applications
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years of experience with SQL/relational databases
- An growth-minded experimenter who is hungry to make the charts go up and to the left
- Experience integrating a variety of tools, such as Google Analytics and Google Optimize, to measure, analyze, or visualize online acquisition channels
- 2+ years of experience with Github
- Excellent communicator. Ability to explain key concepts, like cherry-picking, to people across diverse, cross-functional teams (engineering, marketing, sales, and business operations) and manage project plans in order to communicate progress and deliver solutions
- Comfort running an agile development process—and changing the engineering roadmap as business needs change
- Startup grit. Willingness and desire to take on personal responsibility for the business as a whole and “figure it out”, whether it’s in your exact functional lane or not.
- Passion for improving the quality of life of our patients and providers, and a believer in Cerebral’s vision and values. See this link for some detail.