Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is seeking an astute, analytical Finance Manager to help shape the future and strategy of the company through forecasting and analysis of key business drivers. This role will help establish numerous financial processes from scratch, work closely with business partners across the organization to develop and refine various models and presentations, and provide critical analyses for the company’s upcoming and rapidly expanding initiatives. You will be responsible for financial reporting, the design of systems, controls and processes. You will lead a team to support Cerebral’s financial operations and will also further implement systems and processes to support our growth. This role can be Remote, or can work from our offices in San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX.
- Defining and owning impactful initiatives from start to finish across multiple departments, being able to make and justify recommendations
- Owning and maintaining regular reporting of financials, including actuals vs. budget, status of key company drivers, and recommendations for an executive audience
- Working closely with other departments to help budget, forecast, and track all revenues and costs
- Performing deep dive analyses on KPIs of the business
- Performing ad-hoc analyses as needed, including potential investments, partnerships, board presentations, etc.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Payroll and Revenue Recognition
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes and the preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Develop and execute roadmap for implementing/improving processes and controls to scale the accounting function and safeguard assets
- Develop strategy for future system implementations and enhancements/upgrades to existing systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise on implementation of accounting policies
- Help manage the audit processes and proactively communicate with auditors on accounting for complex transactions
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Big Four accounting experience, CPA preferred
- 6+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience with 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience evolving processes, controls and systems to support a growth stage company
- Self-starter, strategic thinker, and action driven
- Possess a strong work ethic and can prioritize for multiple deadlines
- Can operate at a granular level while maintaining the bigger picture
- Able to flex in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills and an ability to perform well under pressure
- Proven working experience in a business with hardware or inventory
- Demonstrated leadership of a high functioning accounting organization and track record of driving strong performance
- Experience managing relationships with external auditors
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Strong believer in Cerebral’s brand vision and values