*This role can be remote, with preference in San Francisco or Dallas*
Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to lead its corporate and commercial compliance programs and support company-wide operations. You will work closely with the executive team and General Counsel to support a rapidly scaling mental healthcare company to ensure policy implementation, development, adherence, investigation, and monitoring. The ideal candidate will be up-to-date on federal and state healthcare regulations, able to work through ambiguous situations, and can effectively implement operational guidelines and processes. This role can be Remote, or can work from our offices in San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX.
- Ownership of developing, implementing, and maintaining compliance programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. These policies and procedures provide regulatory and legal standards for use in day-to-day operations.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant state and federal regulations and policies.
- Develop and implement risk assessment and monitoring programs, conduct audits to assess regulatory compliance with company policies, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Implement, supervise and promote compliance for employees with appropriate policies and procedures such as investigation and resolution of compliance inquiries, reports, complaints, and grievances.
- Create and implement compliance training to company personnel.
- Provide strategic direction to the management team on compliance.
- Manage or assist with company communications
- Collaborate with General Counsel to respond to requests made by state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Provide regular compliance reports on the operation, efficacy, and progress of compliance efforts, violations, and risks.
- BA/BS degree, Master’s preferred
- 7+ years' experience leading a comprehensive healthcare compliance program
- Deeply knowledgeable on privacy laws and state and federal healthcare regulations such as Fraud and Abuse statutes, Stark laws, privacy, consumer protection, telemedicine, payor arrangements and health provider/pharmacy laws.
- Previous law experience preferred
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) designation preferred
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Strong believer in Cerebral’s brand vision and values