**This role is entirely remote**
Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020, are growing at over 60% month-over-month, and need your help.
About the Role
Care Counselors at Cerebral manage the comprehensive care of the client. They work closely with the client's prescribing provider to manage their medication treatment plan, as well as hold monthly check-ins with the client to track their progress.
A Care Counselor is there to help address the client's needs and be their guide as it pertains to understanding their diagnosis, treatment plan, and process by which the patient is having Cerebral manage their mental health. Care Counselors also help clients build a toolkit of skills they can use in combination with their medication to give them the best outcomes (coping mechanisms, grounding techniques, lifestyle adjustments, etc.).
We are looking for several rockstars to join us as a full-time Care Counselors, who will navigate new processes and work with our providers to provide high-quality, accessible care to clients.
This role may be a fit for you if multiple of the following apply to you:
- You are an active, intuitive listener
- You ask skillful and outcome-focused questions
- You are excited by exploring and/or jointly challenging safety behaviors or limiting beliefs
- You have an innate ability to create awareness as you build relationships
- You have experience in and enjoy counseling or advising others
- You are comfortable using a computer and navigating multiple systems as you document notes for the prescribing physician
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguous environments and iteratively improving processes
- Bachelor’s degree or beyond
- Empathetic and intuitive listening
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Training in or knowledge of mental health, formally or informally
- Desire to continue learning about mental health and best care management practices for patients taking antidepressants
- Advanced proficiency using a computer and ability to learn how to use new computer programs quickly
- Passion for our mission of improving access to high-quality care for anxiety & depression
- You are a licensed master social worker, qualified mental health professional, LPC-I, or LMFT-A
- Experience working with clients in mental health settings, specifically with medication management
- You are entrepreneurial and have experience working at startups.
- You have experience defining and iterating on new processes.