**This role is entirely remote and open to candidates located in the United States**
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
About the Role
Care Counselors at Cerebral manage the comprehensive care of the client. They work closely with the client's prescribing provider to manage their medication treatment plan, as well as hold monthly check-ins with the client to track their progress.
A Care Counselor is there to help address the client's needs and be their guide as it pertains to understanding their diagnosis, treatment plan, and process by which the patient is having Cerebral manage their mental health. Care Counselors also help clients build a toolkit of skills they can use in combination with their medication to give them the best outcomes (coping mechanisms, grounding techniques, lifestyle adjustments, etc.).
We are looking for 1099 contractors to join our team as part-time or full-time Care Counselors (minimum 20 hours per week), who will navigate new processes and work with our providers to provide high-quality, accessible care to clients.
This role may be a fit for you if multiple of the following apply to you:
- You are an active, intuitive listener
- You ask skillful and outcome-focused questions
- You are excited by exploring and/or jointly challenging safety behaviors or limiting beliefs
- You have an innate ability to create awareness as you build relationships
- You have experience in and enjoy counseling or advising others
- You are comfortable using a computer and navigating multiple systems as you document notes for the prescribing physician
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguous environments and iteratively improving processes
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or another mental health field
- Experience working with clients in mental health settings, specifically with medication management
- Empathetic and intuitive listening
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Training in or knowledge of mental health treatment methods, formally or informally
- Desire to continue learning about mental health and best care management practices for patients taking antidepressants
- Advanced proficiency using a computer and ability to learn how to use new computer programs quickly
- Passion for our mission of improving access to high-quality care for anxiety & depression
- Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or another mental health field
- You are entrepreneurial and have experience working at startups.
- You have experience defining and iterating on new processes.
*If you are a licensed, independent therapist or seeking clinical hours as an associate to become a therapist, please check our Job Postings to see if we have Therapist or Associate Therapist openings in your state. You are also welcome to apply to the Care Counselor role if that is preferable.