Senior Associate, Digital Communications
New York City, Atlanta or Philadelphia
CEO is looking for Senior Associate, Digital Communications to develop and implement digital content and audience engagement initiatives and tactics that advance our mission. The Senior Associate is responsible for maintaining and building CEO's digital presence and communicating the organization’s mission, model, values, and impact to multiple stakeholders. This role reports to the Director of Communications.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the GreenLight Fund, the Pew Charitable Trust, and the Nonprofit Finance Fund. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- Individuals with lived experience within the criminal legal system are encouraged to apply
- You are committed to CEO’s mission and interested in working in a fast paced, growing, results oriented nonprofit environment
- You have 4+ years of experience in engaging diverse audiences via email marketing, digital and social media as well as designing and executing impactful digital communications campaigns in the nonprofit sector preferred
- You come with experience in creating impactful digital content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms; and know how to build influencer strategies to expand digital outreach
- You have the ability to think creatively and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to maintain a positive attitude and solution-based approach in high pressure or difficult situations.
- You come with some experience or knowledge working in the criminal legal system reform sector
- You have proficiency with social media, video editing, and visual content production tools, including Hootsuite, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Canva, and Visme or similar
- You have experience using systems such as: Airtable, Asana, or similar and Salesforce
- You come with working knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Craft or WordPress
Responsibilities of the Senior Associate, Digital Communications include but are not limited to:
- Develop strategies and tactics to increase our social media presence and digital engagement
- Lead the development and execution of digital projects
- Grow CEO’s email list and enhance our email marketing efforts
- Mobilize digital audiences on policy, organizing, and fundraising campaigns
- Advise and support CEO staff and local site teams on digital and social media strategies and best practices, including facilitating trainings
- Oversee paid digital advertising campaigns on social media
- Track and evaluate digital metrics to measure success and identify opportunities to shift and/or create new strategies and tactics
- Stay abreast of digital and social media trends and best practices
Content Creation and Audience Engagement
- Manage CEO’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Produce media-rich visual stories including short videos, animations, data visualizations, infographics, and other digital assets
- Create, edit and disseminate short-form video content, including scripts
- Work closely with Communications team and external consultants to produce longer videos for key campaigns and initiatives
- Build and execute digital advocacy campaigns , including petitions, Twitterstorms and Twitter chats
- Create social media toolkits to support new initiatives including calls to action, events, and site launches
- Conduct presentations for funders, executive & senior manager and other key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Communications team and other CEO staff to maintain communications calendar and story bank
- Create decks for speaking engagements, webinars, and other presentation scenarios
- Coordinate projects with external designers, animators, and videographers
- Develop and edit written content for blogs, briefs, online tools and other projects as assigned
- Respond, follow up, and track email inquiries made via the website
- Conduct web-based and in-person training on digital communication for CEO staff and partners
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,100-$65,000/annually. CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors including experience, internal equity, and the labor market associated with the city in which the position is located. The labor markets associated with the cities in which CEO is based are variable, and the salary range included here reflects this. Our salary offer will fall within this range and will be reflective of the labor market of the city in which the position is based, as well the other factors named above.
We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We are a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.