We’re looking for Work Crew Site Supervisor / Team Leader to help us live our mission to prepare people with recent criminal convictions for securing employment each year.
Work Crew Site Supervisors support, supervise, and train work crews of 5-10 individuals, creating an uplifting work environment that ensures team member safety, providing on-the-job coaching, encouraging and empowering team members to seize each opportunity for building knowledge and skills, and balancing engagement and accountability across the crew.
This role is perfect for you if you enjoy a non-traditional workspace, like being on your feet. Ideally, you have experience teaching, coaching, mentoring or motivating youth or groups of adults as we know you’ll be able to make a real impact in our participants’ lives. You’ll help create greater stability for our participants as they get back on their feet.
Please note: Work Crew Site Supervisor work hours are typically 11am-7pm (M-F). Weekly overtime is built into the role.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually
Who You Are
- You have strong organizational skills and can delegate, prioritize, and manage your team’s time effectively to meet project deadlines; you operate under pressure with ease
- You pride yourself in your ability to communicate and resolve conflicts effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences. You recognize the value of continuous communication, looping others into project status and any arising challenges
- You have a proven track record of leading teams to achieve success
- You enjoy supporting others to solve routine challenges; personally you’re mechanically inclined, able to diagnose issues with equipment and propose solutions to solve/address
- You’re deeply passionate about and committed to social justice
- You’re respectful, fair, and patient
- You believe in hard work, efficient and friendly customer service, and teamwork and collaboration to drive results
- You exercise compassion toward the team you’re leading and balance this with a straightforward approach that ensures you meet the needs of your customers
- You foster strong team spirit and enjoy providing 1:1 support to team members who may need a little extra encouragement
The Nitty Gritty Qualifications
- High school diploma, along with at least one year of supervisory experience; experience within a vocational trade (construction, landscaping, building maintenance, grounds maintenance, land surveying) preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Must be able to: Consistently lift and move objects up to 75 pounds; stand, kneel, bend, and climb in order to complete projects; walk or stand for long periods of time; drive a 12 passenger van with an attached trailer; operate a smartphone
- Previous safety training preferable, though training will be provided to hired candidate
Key responsibilities of the Work Crew Site Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring customers’ work orders are completed to a high standard on a daily basis
- Establishing and maintaining positive staff morale through modeling sound leadership and teamwork
- Assigning job duties to crew members and setting reasonable goals for completion
- Monitoring crew members on job performance and productivity, providing appropriate feedback and/or additional training as needed
- Maintaining line of sight of all participants
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations and by reporting any matters that threaten the smooth operation of the training crew to your supervisor
- Completing any necessary daily reporting tasks
- Special projects and related duties as assigned
o Building of packaging
o Moving of packaging in and out of the bottling room
o Inventory packaging and supplies
o Work directly on the bottling line. Flex into openings to facilitate continuous operations.
o Perform quality control checks at the direction of the Quality Control Manager
o Sanitize work area and equipment.
o Sanitize work area and equipment.
o Organize equipment and supplies.
o Facilitate shipping of finished product.
o Facilitate receiving of ingredients and packaging.
o Removing trash from the facility
o Cleaning of common areas
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position is $34,000 with possibility of accumulating over time occasionally . We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continuous learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
We’re an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. Learn more at ceoworks.org.