Senior IT Manager
As the Center for Employment Opportunities is expanding rapidly to support our mission to create economic opportunities for individuals returning from incarceration, we’re looking for an Senior IT Manager who will work closely with our Chief Information Officer, providing leadership on complex projects, system automation and optimization, workflow and process improvements, and change management.
The ideal candidate will be able to provide the consultation, facilitation of collaboration, analysis, and solution development needed to improve and drive CEO’s operations during this exponential growth phase, which includes a growing team in our IT Department.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the GreenLight Fund, the Pew Charitable Trust, and the Nonprofit Finance Fund. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You have a commitment to CEO’s mission and have achieved success within fast-paced, growing, and results-oriented environments
- You have excellent knowledge of IT general controls, data and cyber security, computer hardware/software systems, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- You have direct experience with and managing ERP systems
- You have 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional domains: IT strategy build-out; IT process improvement; product development; project management; or operational process improvement and optimization; experience analyzing, implementing, and evaluating IT systems and their specifications is preferred
- You have successfully project managed initiatives that involve motivating, coordinating, and collaborating with geographically dispersed and diverse teams; you’re able to collaborate across all levels and functions
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize between conflicting demands and the flexibility to meet unpredictable demands
- You are a creative problem-solver with the ability to develop solutions to problems as they arise and the judgment to know when to enlist the help of colleagues
- You can communicate effectively, technically and non-technically, across all levels of employees, with strong executive presentation skills
- Customer service and relationship management are cornerstones of your workstyle; you can work independently and as part of a team
- You are a thoughtful steward of resources that invests in and drives organizational progress
- You have excellent analytical (business, technical, financial), strategic planning and project execution skills, and you take initiative to identify challenges and solutions
- You have advanced knowledge of Cisco System Network Architecture, Meraki Firewall, Cisco Umbrella, Cisco ASA /Anyconnect, Salesforce Architecture, MS Office Suite, Google Suite, Microsoft Azure, Website management, Agile Methodology and dashboard software.
Responsibilities of the Senior IT Manager include but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of the implementation and operation of information and functional systems for the organization, including software applications, network, phone systems and end-user computers as well as multiple cloud based hosted systems
- Manage communications and working relationships between IT and other departments within the organization as well as multiple outside IT service providers
- Provide help desk and technical services assistance to on-site and remote employees
- Provide technical support for CEO external communication strategy via website support and maintenance, publication software, and maintaining IT corporate presentation standards
- Assist the CIO to design, develop, implement, and coordinate policies and procedures for all areas of information technology to assure data accuracy, security, legal and regulatory compliance; assure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Implement, maintain, and ensure maximum uptime for telephone, fax, and email systems
- Ensure security of information technology assets, data, network access, and backup systems and supervise agreed audits to verify the security of internal and external systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational growth
- Assist CIO with managing annual IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness
IT Project Management
- Lead, coordinate, and provide input into project planning activities such as division of responsibilities, time/effort estimates, stakeholder analysis, and identification of constraints and dependencies
- Draft work products including project plans, status reports and timelines
- Identify and specify significant process and system automation and optimization
- Coordinate with team members to make sure projects and deliverables are on track to be delivered on deadline; communicate progress and updates across project teams
- Define and leverage project management best practices, tools, templates and standards, resulting in projects being delivered on time, on budget, and on target to achieve the anticipated business outcomes
- Streamline IT business processes, implement operational best practices, and create efficiencies across the organization
- Review and map processes, identify opportunities for process improvements, develop recommendations, and design and implement processes and solutions that drive operational efficiency
- Develop and define business requirements, workflow design, process mapping, functional specifications, gap analysis and use cases
- Work closely with the technology and business teams to identify business and functional needs
- Conduct research, perform analysis, and proactively propose new products and best practices, and implement them where appropriate
- Support of the Salesforce Change Management process
- Create and provide change management tools and techniques to implement and achieve the desired business outcome
- Participate in IT Systems Committee meetings as liaison between IT and business initiatives
- Lead initiatives and/or provide support to initiatives that improve the efficiency, effectiveness and accessibility of CEO
- Provide project management, analytical and/or technical support for special projects
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis, identify trends, produce reports, map processes and lead other strategic initiatives as needed
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $72,700-90,000/annually CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors including experience, internal equity, and the labor market associated with the city in which the position is located. This position can be located in any of the cities in which CEO operates. The labor markets associated with the cities in which CEO is based are variable, and the salary range included here reflects this. Our salary offer will fall within this range and will be reflective of the labor market of the city in which the position is based, as well the other factors named above.
We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We are a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.