We’re looking for an energetic and passionate Software Quality Engineer to join our team. You will help build a SaaS product that enables researchers and analysts to explore and draw security insights from the most trusted and credible internet data that exists (ours)! Censys processes terabytes of network data everyday---it’s your job to help us leverage that data to provide valuable insights for our customers by helping us build a rock solid service.
Our ideal QA Engineer will have an eye towards delivery and customer experience, and have experience in planning and executing software and web application testing in an Agile environment. You’ll have experience designing, writing and executing test cases efficiently, are able to help others write and execute test cases, are eager to debug systems you haven’t seen before, and can work iteratively and cross-functionally towards shipping a product.
This job is a good fit if you can:
- Thrive in a small friendly group that is in a fast paced startup environment where changes happen quickly
- Participate in our culture of learning, take ownership of issues and tasks, admit mistakes, and work to improve over time
- Operate and contribute effectively as part of a team where we work together to solve problems
What You Will Do:
- Partner with product, design, data engineering, and other QA Engineers to translate Censys data into a web-based SaaS product where you are one of the quality advocates
- Test dashboards and APIs that leverage Censys data to expose security-relevant information about a customer’s network
- Design, develop and execute automated tests for company products, as well as taking part in defect management and review product documentation
- Evangelize testing to software engineers, educate them on test development and execution; you won’t write all of the tests, but will guide test creation. Quality is the responsibility of everyone at Censys
- Design automated solutions for testing applications in a continuous integration environment where test cases can be executed by the build system
- Measure test coverage and other quality metrics that will allow us to improve quality over time and identify potential gaps in testing
What Skills You Might Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- You have tested web applications professionally
- Experience in automated web application, CLI, API, and backend testing as part of an Agile team
- You are a strong communicator for both technical and strategic quality issues to a cross-functional team
- You have some experience with Linux, SQL, Python, and Docker
We mostly use Python, Java, Typescript, Docker, PostgreSQL, and Go running on Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services, but we don’t expect specific familiarity with our stack.
Censys values diversity and is passionate about creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are a proud Equal Employment Opportunity organization.